Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Del

Poor Customer Support from Sabre Manufacture

My biggest complaint is basic being lied to by the manufacture who is supposed to be fixing and issue caused by their failure to correctly install two sided sealant tape for the gutters. The paper was left on one side of the tape. This let water into the walls causing the delamination problem.

First we made arrangements ahead of time (in the first half of September). We followed their request so it wouldn’t be gone forever. I dropped it off (Oct 4th), when we stated we would and were told 3-4weeks.

We stripped the unit down and winterized it as requested. When stripping everything out of it, we put it in the Family room. I don’t have a basement. It is like having a second house. How much stuff is in your fifth it you had to take everything out of it? Well my family room is full and the holiday season is upon us.

I called near the end of week four, thinking it would be any day, to find it had not been picked up yet. The dealer gave me Gary’s phone number, so I called Gary at the manufacture. He stated “they don’t bump people and there were 7 ahead of me” on the list. Well I was on the list in September to be picked up at the beginning of October, now it was November.

When I asked about his e-mail stating I was “pushed back” to Oct28th and as of Nov3rd it still was picked up… At first he started to deign it until I gave him the date time stamp on the e-mail. Then his story changed saying things come in with other things wrong they must fix. So a month after mine was supposed to be picked up to work on, I am eight on a list that people don’t get bumped down?

Another thing Gary lied on was; he stated “we can only work on two units at a time so it takes time”….next call Gary stated “we are working on five units right now”… Is it two or five unit they can work on? When I mentioned what he said about only two units. Gary changed it to “we have five units to work on here”.

As of 6am 28th Nov, my fifth wheel was still at the dealer. I think it still sits there today(30th November) , bad road conditions, didn’t allow me a full look. This is over eight weeks after the arranged time to be picked up. Three months from the time we started the process and the work has yet to start. So that and Gary’s changing stories, is what I chalk up as poor customer support. And, Gary has yet to return any of my last five phone calls. One call a day for the last five business days. Also I have not been able to use my family room for over eight weeks now.
Technical Scuba Diving and Photography
15 years ex-military, Still enjoy the outdoors but not sleeping on the ground.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Del

Well since Gary has not returned a single phone call, I left work early to stop by the dealer today. Surprise, my fifth wheel still has not left to be worked on. Tomorrow will be week nine from when we scheduled in at the beginning of September to drop it off to be picked up the first week of October. But, I was told today, that they “might” be picking it up next week (week ten and a might). But then it was supposed to be picked up the first week of October and the 28th of October and mid-November and just before Thanksgiving….So I’m not holding my breath.

I was also told Gary would bump mine ahead of others. What???? Gary said he doesn’t bump people around when I questioned him about mine and where it was on the list….. Another story from Gary.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #3

Del.....Sorry for your issues. we have an issue with a delamination problem on our 2011 Salem since August 6, 2011.

Dealer was informed, they sent pictures on the 7th or 8th, Salem agreed that there was a problem and the wall would ne replaced. Then 3 weeks later they were going to do "a wrap" to fix it, then backed away from that and they could not or would not decide to send the trailer back to Indiana or send a wall to our dealer.

We got back from a 4 week trip in Oct they still had not decided.

Last week I got a call from our dealer that they are sending a wall...and hope to get it sent before the holidays.

Like you we stripped our trailer and have stuff stacked EVERYWHERE. We have no basement either so we feel your pain.

We have tried to stay positive thru this ordeal...but its hard...I know.

Good luck in your dealings.

BOB
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #4

That has to be more than frustrating for you. Sorry to hear of the lousy treatment you're getting. I was considering purchase of a new Sabre (31CKTS) next March but now I'm not so sure.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Del

Well still no calls. Being pushed back again and again and again is getting reall old.....
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Del

Just received a call from Gary. Everything should be done and back within two week. Thanks Sam
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #7

Del,
Keep us posted. I use this forum to gleen info on how different mfg's handle issues when deciding on my next purchase. Some posts have made me take models off my list.
I have found customer reviews to be very helpful in deciding who gets my business.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Just received a call from Gary. Everything should be done and back within two week. Thanks Sam
Sounds nice to finally be heard. I wish Salem had someone on here with the same concern for folks with issues that have been too long getting resolved.

Maybe Sam knows someone in the Salem area that might help.

Thanks all.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
Del

Will Do... But I'm not holding my breath for the two week window.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Del

Talked to the dealer earlier today were my fifth sat. My fifth was picked up friday. Yeah only 11-12 weeks behind scheduled time. Let see if they hold to there promise of me having it back by Friday.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Del

Well it is Saturday. No Fifth wheel. Talked to the dealer, he said he talked to Gary face to face on Thursday (or Wednesday). We’ll be getting it back Tuesday. Only four days late on the last promise.

Wow a simple phone call on status would have done wonders toward credibility instead of me figuring it out.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Del

Well, no call and tomorrow it will three weeks since Gary promised me I would have it in two weeks. Another broken promise. I guess he doesn't have much honor or pride in his name. Gary also told the dealer it will be done last Monday and they would have it on Tuesday. I didn’t see at the dealer on my way home today. Lets see I think, this is week 16 since the start, week 11-12 since dropped off are unit, of the 3-4 weeks I was told......

Merry Chirstmas all.......seeing my family room is full of fifth stuff, we couldn't host either side of the family this year. Thanks Sabre, Gary and all who are working to fix the problem.....

Sad very sad.....
Old 12-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Del

Yeah, fifth wheel almost home. The dealer is closed until Jan 15th, so I'm meeting them there and they are delivering it to my home.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
Del

They dropped it off at the house. 1/2 mile at the most from the dealer. Then the driver said they promised him $20 extra from me. Wait I never agreed to that.

But now I have my fifth wheel and no keys to get into it. The driver said he was never given any keys. The door is dead bolted shut, so now who has the keys????? Dealer is closed for the next three weeks also.....

We can not check out what it looks like on the inside.
Guess my family room is going to get cleaned out.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Site Team

Sorry that you are going throught this. I take it that you don't have a second set of keys that you can use.

I ordered extra keys from the service department so I can keep an backup set hidden in the truck in case I lose my keys while camping.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Sorry that you are going throught this. I take it that you don't have a second set of keys that you can use.

I ordered extra keys from the service department so I can keep an backup set hidden in the truck in case I lose my keys while camping.
we can not remember if we dropped off both set of keys. We can not find the second set and it was 12-13 weeks ago.

Del
Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Del

My dealer is closed until 16th of Jan, so Gary had them deliver the unit to my home (Yeah). Only 1/4-1/2 mile from the dealer. But, the door lock looks new (almost no scratches around the key hole). But, no keys were delivered, I'm assuming my keys are at the dealer. I'm not sure if my keys will work if I can get them with in the next three weeks as the locks look new.

Also during the walk around this morning (in day light), we found a few windows partially open. These are the ones the "screw shut/open". We can open them about a 1/2inch. Until I get a set of keys, I can not fully close them to keep the weather fully out.

I installed a flip open cover on the 4" bumper. You can see where it is broken off.

We pressed down some of the decals already peeling off

The roof has a lot of ripples along the sides.

Since we can not get into the unit, I can not speak about how it looks.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Del

Ok, As I drove by the dealer yesterday, I noticed the gate open halfway. So I drove in. walked around the building, following footprints in the slush. The service crew was in. I saw Steve and he came over. He gave me both sets of keys. I told him the locks looked new. Steve asked if the driver told me where they put the keys. Ahhhh No. He told me if my keys didn't work where I come find the new set. They were there. yeahhhhhhh. We went through the unit find only one minor thing. Looks as if something rubbed a piece of trim.

Gary called about an hour after we found the keys, to tell us where we could find them. Gary also varified that the driver tried to scam us out of $20. I personally believe the drive knew where the keys were, but since I didn't pay him $20, he lied.
I told gary about the small things we found and he said he would ship the parts. Small simple things. We also, found other items were corrected. Things we didn't say anything about. The wife is happy, so now I'm happy with out 75% new fifth. (25% 2009, 75% 2012)
Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #19

Glad they finally made it right with you. Took a whole lot longer then it should have though. Seems to me better communication on their part would have helped a bunch in this situation.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
Here to Help

I agree that sometimes communication doesn't meet or exceed a customer's expectations. And in most cases posted here we could have done better. But it's a little discouraging when you see 5-10 post on all the things we did wrong and only a short sentence about how the factory fixed items above and beyond what the customer found. But that's life, Right!

I will continue to fight the good fight!
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote