Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
The people we bought our used trailer from threw in the red Igloo icemaker discussed in this thread as part of the sale. It works great as long as you're around to periodically empty the cubes into a ziplock bag. If you're going out, shut it off.

It does take a while for it to get cranked up, but after a while, you have a full basket every 30 minutes. We have a Britta pitcher in our fridge and I use that to replenish the water.
It should turn itself off when it either gets low on water or full of ice.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #22

We have one and rarely use it.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #23

We have the small Dometic. Love it and use it regularly, we bring it in the house when we have a party because the house ice maker doesn't keep up with a lot of people. Almost 3 yrs and no problems.
Happydaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #24

My wife got me one for XMAS with the intentions of not having to buy so much ice for our cooler. I think we'll probably end up using it just for ice for margaritas.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcevers_13 View Post
Do you have one? Do you love or hate it? Looking for suggestions on what kind works best? Would you reccomend yours?

Have an Igloo brand one from Walmart. One gallon of water makes a lot of ice. Enough for my wife and I for the weekend.

Best camping device ever.
tdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #26

I have one also... first thing that gets plugged in at a camp site... leave it outside plugged in to trailer and sitting on a folding table under the awning... I keep emptying the ice into a gallon plastic zip bag and throw into the freezer. If you keep up with refills you can get about 5-6# of ice in a day... enough to put in our drinks and some to spare... with ICE these days about $2 a bag and a drive to the store this thing has paid for itself and is now about 5 years old... I return it to the original box for travel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	icemaker.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	182456  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #27

We have one as well, Igloo brand purchased at Wal-Mart. As others stated it’s the first thing plugged in when setting up came. I put the basket of cubes in a large ziplock container and then into the freezer. When you need cubes for your next drink reach in and grab a few. Just like at home with the ice cube bin.

2018 Rockwood 2506S Mini Lite
Dozagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozagirl View Post
We have one as well, Igloo brand purchased at Wal-Mart. As others stated it’s the first thing plugged in when setting up came. I put the basket of cubes in a large ziplock container and then into the freezer. When you need cubes for your next drink reach in and grab a few. Just like at home with the ice cube bin.
X2

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcevers_13 View Post
Do you have one? Do you love or hate it? Looking for suggestions on what kind works best? Would you reccomend yours?
Yes 4 years now and has not missed a beat or failed to drop a cube . i run it almost year round . it's a Whynter brand . have not had to buy a b
ag of ice in 4 years .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #30

We also have had ours( similar as the one pictured) for 6 years now. Would not be without it! It runs until bed time and gets turned off..Lol.. the one thing that I did not see mentioned is.. u need to periodically run some vinegar through it just like a coffee pot so to keep it sanitary and clean.. We never have to buy ice! Always have a freezer full of bags. Should mention that our RV stays on a campsite so we also have a garage with a large freezer plus chest freezer in RV. Very convenient!
Jeanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:06 AM   #31

How much power do these consume. I have 2 100A Battleborns and 700W of solar so I have more than enough to currently recharge my batteries. I know the specs say 120W on the one I looked at but not sure if that's 100% duty cycle or not.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote