Old 05-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #11

Cold Weather Use

When camping in cold weather, sub 32F, I have turned these lights on to provide a little heat in the storage area.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #12

LEDs are the wave of the future. We have changed all of them in our motor home and in the house. In some of the cabinets like the wardrobe we have installed push on push off leds that run on triple AAA batteries and they are great at night when one is looking for something, especially in the kitchen cabinets.

Brandon2
2014 2500TRS
Sun Seeker

Old 05-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #13

If you dry camp much, the led's are a large power saver. As for the cabinets we were using the puck style like others but our daughter always left them on - so they were always dead. I bought a few of the led strip rolls and some door switches and every cabinet now has its own light. Much easier that I don't wake DW while looking for clothes.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Those bulbs do get hot...that is one of the major reasons that I changed all my lights to LED bulbs which don't get as hot.
I agree 1000%. LED bulbs give off no heat and use just a tiny bit of power. Living and camping in Florida we want as little heat in the trailer as possible. I've changed every bulb to LED, even the outside bulb. One nice side effect is that LEDs do not give off Ultra Violet so you don't get the tremendous number of bugs that are attracted to UV. You still get some bugs but I'd estimate nearly 75% reduction of bugs attracted to the outdoor light.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:45 PM   #15

It looks like the use of LEDs is pretty high. We tried them in the ceiling lights and did not care for the light. They were warm white paddle lights. Didn't have near the brightness as incandescent. My eyes require lots of light to focus. Damn old age. Maybe I will try some different ones.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
It looks like the use of LEDs is pretty high. We tried them in the ceiling lights and did not care for the light. They were warm white paddle lights. Didn't have near the brightness as incandescent. My eyes require lots of light to focus. Damn old age. Maybe I will try some different ones.
Lee, There are more LED choices than there used to be. You might find brighter and the color you want too.

A wise friend once told me that getting old was "like the morning after, without having the night before"
Old 05-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #17

Go with the bright white led's. The wife and I cannot tolerate the warm white lights. They cast a yellowish light. When you buy led's, check the number of the lumens for the bulb. Higher the number, brighter the light. I switched all my bulbs inside and outside to led's. I got them at M4 Products.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #18

Thanks! I will check the lumens. Didn't consider that. My husband & I do not like the white so we use them in storage areas. I have both colors. We tried the white first then changed. But anyway you look at it, they beat the incandescent bulbs. We want to change the light outside the door too but really don't want to open up the outside housings.
Heading for the woods next weekend! Can't wait!!
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #19

Pass Thu Lights

I changed all of my bulbs to LEDs within the first couple of months. The difference is unbelievable. No heat at all.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #20
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
Go with the bright white led's. The wife and I cannot tolerate the warm white lights. .....

Bob
On the other hand I prefer the warmer light to the cooler blue-ish ones I just installed. To each his own, just be aware of the different types out there.

Replaced 19 921 style bulbs with LEDs inside the trailer. I don't think these LEDs are as bright as the bulbs were, so at least 6 of them will get changed again to a brighter, warmer LED.

My current LEDs have 42 individual LED elements. The next ones will have more.

2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light