Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #11
We wish we had purchased a larger unit, ours may be a little longer than yours but has no slides. However, after only one month we found we would take a 7-12K hit (for depreciation) so we have worked to make ours more comfortable and will drive it a lot this summer and then make a choice to keep it or trade it. Unfortunately it was our experience that the salesman was not really looking for our best interests. He was very nice but was simply trying to make a sale. I told him I didn't want slides because I was afraid of water leakage but he didn't try to educated us. It was our first motorhome and although we did look around we really didn't know what we needed in the long run. We likely paid too much ($52K) but were led to believe it was a great deal. I think generally Forest River makes a pretty good coach for the money but would advise anyone new to motorhomes to rent one for a week or two and live in it before purchasing. Or learn the hard way like we did. Our best to you, come visit Cody WY if you can during the nice months and you will have a good time. Yellowstone is only an hour away. Good luck to you.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #12
Thanks for the Best Wishes ...

As far as the heat is concerned, I really didn't have an issue with 50 - 60s. We were nested for the winter around Savannah GA. r The Mrs. is a different story. She likes it toasty. And I'm not sure why we couldn't have it "toasty".

We had put up those 3M sheets. And after that we had some refletx. And we had a gas heater. In a 20ft coach, that should have been plenty. One of the other problems was that the lock on the windows aren't design right. They vibrate loose. So if we went for a drive the window would open.

Because we had the window covered and refletx I didn't notice it. We were outside and coming back "home" and I saw it 3/4 way open. And I know I shut it. I ended up taking a dowel and some padding from two paint rollers to keep the metal from bending and jammed it in. But why?

Can't coachman just make something that locks and doesn't vibrate loose when you're on the road? How difficult could that be? Or does Coachman think you don't drive your RV? Who knows.

Oh don't know if you saw this. But thanks for the best wishes. The Mrs. is from San Diego and wants to go soon. We may take a trek in May. Who knows we may go up the Yellowstone way rather then through Texas.

Thanks again.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
If the player won't play a DVD until the parking brake is on and you want to watch a movie while you are parked waiting for the wife, why isn't your parking brake on? It makes sense not to allow it to run while you might be moving and basing operation on the parking brake setting seems like a reasonable solution.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #14
Missed My Point

Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
If the player won't play a DVD until the parking brake is on and you want to watch a movie while you are parked waiting for the wife, why isn't your parking brake on? It makes sense not to allow it to run while you might be moving and basing operation on the parking brake setting seems like a reasonable solution.
The parking break is on. It still didn't play (like its suppose to).
Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #15
I am a little confused (normal?). This may or may not help.

The AXXERA in our 390AMP 5th came up with the parking brake screen and prevented us watching DVDs. With research I discovered I need only fool it into believing brake is on. Found the correct 2 wires from back of unit and installed a normally closed switch that is open when pressed (a momentary switch). All I am doing is mimicking parking brake. The only trick is that I have to sort of time the length of time switch is depressed. In hindsight maybe I could have just used a normally open switch.

Sometimes the AXXERA screen still has warning screen but movie plays to TV, and sometimes it shows movie on its screen as well as on TV. Never understood this but did not care.

Hope this helps some other 5th or TT owner. (And why didn't Forest River do this at install?)
Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #16

There is no requirement to use good quality materials, instruments, or units in any RV. It is a completely unregulated industry as you will come to learn, along with numerous other disappointed consumers. No one at Forest River is concerned about poor workmanship primarily because the work force turnover is too high to control quality. The only concern FR has at the moment is one upping the competition before this sales spike blows out.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #17
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Why would you play a DVD in the dash radio? CDs are designed for the dash. DVDs are designed to be viewed on your television. Or am I missing something? You need more fuel to run your generator so that you do not accidently run out of fuel. I am glad they designed it that way as I would not have to face running out of fuel. Forest River doesn't make the microwave and it should be covered by the maker's warranty.
Mine is a combination CD/DVD you can not play DVD's while driving you have to be parked, it can be used to play DVD's on the TV in front I have to go remote to Aux 2 for this feature. TV in bedroom has DVD player in the TV.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #18
I came to the realization it does no good to complain. It's kind of like FR has brain washed us. We has excepted high prices and low quality (and actually a lot will actually defend it). I told FR after all my troubles on my 2015 $90,000 5th wheel if I had know of this site before I purchased unit, you wouldn't have found me within 500 feet of FR dealer. Now you watch, someone will get on here and defend and say something like this "All RV manufactures are just as bad", or "Drive up to Elkhart and they will fix it for you for free with a smile." I only spent $60,000 on my 3500 Silverado and I didn't have to spend 1/2 the first summer repairing things that failed to work or simply fell off. I also didn't have to drive to Flint Michigan to let them fix it for free and a smile. Now somebody will say "The RV industry is not like the car manufacture". It might have been at one time, but those inferior manufactures went out of business because people didn't put up with poor quality. So who's fault is it that we pay good money for junk? OURS!!!!! We make excuses and belittle the buyers who complain to the point the manufactures say to them selves "Hell we can get by with anything, so LET"S STICK IT TO YHEM"
Old 04-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #19
No DVD player while the wife shops?? Get over it.Go for a walk
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 04-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #20
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Not quite what I would use for full timing. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46