Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #21

your problems are no different than 99% of FR owners. Also, that is not a full time unit. You will either have to adapt, park where the weather is good, or upgrade to a unit designed for full time living.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #22

When I pay for something that comes on my camper I expect it to work, I really don't care what someone else says unless they are going to pay for camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
your problems are no different than 99% of FR owners. Also, that is not a full time unit. You will either have to adapt, park where the weather is good, or upgrade to a unit designed for full time living.
What they choose to live in is really their choice isn't it? How do you define a full time unit? Maybe the salesman should have tried to put them into what they needed instead of just closing another sale...
Old 04-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #24

Spock.Duh!

Bob. Guess it depends where your full timing.Seams like a "full time" RV might be more $. Better to close another sale that's worth more$ Just my opinion I would get a TT and a TV that way I wouldn't have to drive that thing around when I needed to go somewhere and the wife could go and I could stay in the trailer and watch DVDs
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 04-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #25

OP,

What were the rivets suppose to hold together?
Old 04-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
What they choose to live in is really their choice isn't it? How do you define a full time unit? Maybe the salesman should have tried to put them into what they needed instead of just closing another sale...
Of course it's their choice, but it seems like maybe it wasn't the best choice, or they wouldn't have made some of the comments. Any unit designed for full time living will be rated as such by the manufacturer. Most will have insulation values in the R30-45 range in ceiling and floors. Not a layer of foam or foil bubble wrap like cheaper units. If your going to live in it, you will want to be able to heat and cool it not only comfortable, but efficiently.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #27

Did the OP remind the salesman "remember we will be using it full time"? I guess they could have gotten the same piece of ? even if they got a "full timer". Unfortunate. The DVD player not playing while the wife is busy still chaps me raw. Could have phrased it better.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 04-10-2016, 08:47 PM   #28

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
No DVD player while the wife shops?? Get over it.Go for a walk
First I don't just watch entertainment on DVD. I watch training videos of others who are giving presentation to give them feedback on how they can do better. It's part of my job, and I like to be time-efficient.

I also watch YouTube that has been downloaded on to USB or SD card. Its not "traditional" entertainment. Its "how-to" videos on a lot of topics including new technology that is coming down the road. And news that you cannot always get here in the US.

Going for a walk is fine, but I like to do that with the Mrs. not when she's shopping. We like to spend time together and I prefer to use my time apart to get things that I need to do for personal growth and profession while we are apart.

I should also say that I don't mind constructive criticism on any point(s) I've made, but snide remarks well send them to /dev/null. And if that doesn't make sense then google it. Or I'll say it to you another way: file in drawer number 13.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #29

It may all come to an end if HUD has it's way ...

Many of you may know it and many may not. But HUD is stepping into this. They are trying to legislate laws to force RV manufactures to follow better standards as some people are living in their RV's full-time and consider it "home".

On the other side, I understand there is push back on HUD or HUD is vacillating on their position that RVs are not intended for full-time and HUD has no business getting involved.

HUD has stepped in due the the rise of tiny-houses. These tiny-house (which are actual full-time homes) do not follow HUD guidelines and they avoid HUD regulations by putting tires on these homes so they can be moved. Existing regulations as I understand say that if a dwelling is moveable it is not subject to regulations establised by HUD.

HUD is really after "tiny home" folks who they feel are abusing this privilege afforded to RVers. But may in the end mean full-time RVing is off.

We don't live in our RV full-time (as we don't live in an RV park). We vacation in our RV and roam -- not all those who wander are lost, we
just like it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2424 View Post
I came to the realization it does no good to complain. It's kind of like FR has brain washed us. We has excepted high prices and low quality (and actually a lot will actually defend it). I told FR after all my troubles on my 2015 $90,000 5th wheel if I had know of this site before I purchased unit, you wouldn't have found me within 500 feet of FR dealer. Now you watch, someone will get on here and defend and say something like this "All RV manufactures are just as bad", or "Drive up to Elkhart and they will fix it for you for free with a smile." I only spent $60,000 on my 3500 Silverado and I didn't have to spend 1/2 the first summer repairing things that failed to work or simply fell off. I also didn't have to drive to Flint Michigan to let them fix it for free and a smile. Now somebody will say "The RV industry is not like the car manufacture". It might have been at one time, but those inferior manufactures went out of business because people didn't put up with poor quality. So who's fault is it that we pay good money for junk? OURS!!!!! We make excuses and belittle the buyers who complain to the point the manufactures say to them selves "Hell we can get by with anything, so LET"S STICK IT TO YHEM"
Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #30

Bravo. We all need to get that attitude.

I don't care what you charge me whether it's a dime or a dollar.

you sell me something, I have an expectation it's going to work otherwise raise the price, if you have to justify the expense of doing it right.

Don't pass on shoddy workmanship, claim its all good, in order to mass market your product and thus increase your profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
When I pay for something that comes on my camper I expect it to work, I really don't care what someone else says unless they are going to pay for camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
coachmen