Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
Site Team

Problems with FR warranty work payment

i have had warranty work done on my Roo at a dealer that FR recommended.
i took it in April for some work. i took it in again in August for a few more things, including the Dometic fridge recall work.
well, the service dept. says that FR still hasn't paid them for the work done back in April. and now, i have to pay them for the new work done before i can get my trailer back.
i'm going to Oregon for 10 days next monday. so i had to pony up $180 to get my trailer back.
i called Greg Rollins at FR, who does the warranty stuff for the Roo. i left a message last friday and today, with no response. i did finally send a email today.

has anyone had this problem? is FR stiffing dealers for warranty work?

i still have a possible flooring problem that the dealer never got an answer back from FR.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 AM   #2

The dealer where I bought my Rockwood has decided not to carry some of the Forest River products because of factory issues, they are starting to carry Heart Land products. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like Forest River is having problems more with there Ultra-Lite line then there standard or upgrade line. Forest River is one Company, but each of there divisions are controlled separatedly and under different guide lines. This info came right out of a Forest Rivers factory Rep's mouth.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Site Team

Update: got in touch with Gregg and have received a check for what i had to pay the dealer.
but he doesn't want me to go back to Hansel RV. i asked for another dealer and he said he'd get back to me. that was 2 weeks ago.
my warranty runs out in November and i want to get the last few things taken care of.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
Site Team

Call every day until you get your answer.
The squeaky hinge gets the oil!

Expect more of this type problem and even dealers and manufacturers going
belly up due to the economy.
No one is immune.

Good luck!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
CampeRooo

Yea I think i would stop going to that RV dealer too. To hold your RV ransom because FR hasn't covered their expenses for the last trip is just B.S.! That's not your problem, nor should it turn into your problem. That's between the dealer and FR....I would have raised wholly hell in the office if I would have been told that, but that's just me...i don't tolerate anyone's b.s. when it comes to issues with things that i don't have control over. UURRGGGHHH!!!

Thankfully FR was kind enough to send you the check and take care of you first. I'm rather impressed to hear that actually and it makes me feel more confident that I made the right purchase when I bought my Roo. I looked at several other brands of hybrids and out of them all, I like this Roo the best for the size of it (M-18). Maybe one of these days, we'll upgrade to the 21ss or 23ss, but for now, this will do. Kinda take all the mistakes out on this one so that by the time i can afford the 21ss, I've got the pattern down for winterizing, setup, etc...

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #6

We have had many warranty issues since april and FR XLR factory warranty reps have been very helpful and timely. The thing that they do not have control over are their suppliers.

We purchased the unit in Michigan and live outside of Buffalo NY around the corner from a Camping World, they do not even seel this line of FR products. The service department at CW has been very responsive and helpful. We may be one of the lucky ones with both issues.
out4stlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
PSB

Bikendan -- Would that be Hansel in Pet.? Took our trailer there for the refrig. recall and had no problems. If its something major where else could we go, not a lot of places in this area.
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #8

As you prolly know, you can use viturally any FR dealer/service center for the work. I would not go back to those clowns.

Seeing as you're in Northern California, they are probably hurting like the rest. If they have a butt-load of Weekend Warriors on the lot (like every So Cal dealership does) they are in bad shape. Most dealerships just got word from the finance companies that they will no longer hold paper on Weekend Warrior models. Imagine trying to sell them without being able to finance. Dead Weight !!

We bought out TT from a dealership on Ohio and I just had some warranty work done locally in So California. No problems at all. Additionally, the dealership had not even seen my floorplan before. The local FR factory does not make it here.

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB View Post
Bikendan -- Would that be Hansel in Pet.? Took our trailer there for the refrig. recall and had no problems. If its something major where else could we go, not a lot of places in this area.
yes, it was Hansel in Petaluma. i was told by Gregg Rollins from F.R., not to take it back to them. he said they were having issues with Hansel.
but he still hasn't given me the name of where i can take it to. and there's only another month on my warranty.

i really had not problems with Hansel and this was the second time i took it there. they made F.R. out to be the bad guy. so i don't know who to believe.