Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2019, 04:03 AM   #21

Yes the alarm did finally go off. After i had shut off the gass and opened every window and the door. Our alam is near the floor about 3 feet from stove top. Ours are the push in and turn style but really not child proof or belly proof. Even a flip down cover that would cover the knobs is better than just the push and turn system. Even a heavier spring in the knobs would help. Im surprised by how many people have had the same issue.
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:55 AM   #22

We’re fortunate to have a water heater that also works on electricity. We live in Florida, so I only have the propane tank open to pre-chill down the refrigerator before hooking up. Otherwise, my propane tank valves are always closed.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #23

So I figured out how to make a safety lock for the knobs. I’m gonna drill a small diameter hole in the three knob tabs that stick up and run a metal tube through the hole with a small dangling tab on the end that goes through the tabs. It will keep the bar from vibrating out and makes it easy to slide the bar out if we want to use the stove. Maybe I should sell th deign to the compan that makes these stoves. Simple and less than 3 dollars my cost to make it. I’ll post pics when it’s done.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
So I figured out how to make a safety lock for the knobs. I’m gonna drill a small diameter hole in the three knob tabs that stick up and run a metal tube through the hole with a small dangling tab on the end that goes through the tabs. It will keep the bar from vibrating out and makes it easy to slide the bar out if we want to use the stove. Maybe I should sell th deign to the compan that makes these stoves. Simple and less than 3 dollars my cost to make it. I’ll post pics when it’s done.

Cool, although I've seen a somewhat similar, but probably enough difference design.

https://www.campingworld.com/the-kno...t--117911.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:21 PM   #25

Alerms need to be lower

Quote:
Yes the alarm did finally go off. After i had shut off the gass and opened every window and the door. Our alam is near the floor about 3 feet from stove top. Ours are the push in and turn style but really not child proof or belly proof. Even a flip down cover that would cover the knobs is better than just the push and turn system. Even a heavier spring in the knobs would help. Im surprised by how many people have had the same issue.
Since propane is heavier than air, 3' high is too high IMO. A dangerous amount of fuel may build up before you get an alarm with it mounted that high.
Nevermind, I see it's near the floor 3' away.
n1acguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1acguy View Post
Since propane is heavier than air, 3' high is too high IMO. A dangerous amount of fuel may build up before you get an alarm with it mounted that high.

Uhhh, Ace did state their alarm is near the floor...but 3 feet from the stove top...not three feet high.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1acguy View Post

the OP said is was 3' from the stove just above the floor - not 3' high.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:49 PM   #28

Correct it is only an inch off the floor but on the wall across from the stove near the bunk end.

Tags
propane