Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Wayne & Kim

Proud new 36CKTS owners!

Hi fellow FRF members! The DW and I are now the proud parents of a new 2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS! We are SO HAPPY to be members of the Cedar Creek and 5th wheel families!

Our travel trailer (2012 Flagstaff 30WFKSS) has moved on to a new life, and hopefully will make someone else a happy camper. We enjoyed it, but decided we wanted a little more elbow room, among other things (50 amp service, smoother pull). After an exhausting search process, we kept coming back to the Cedar Creek line, and Lazy Days in Tampa (who were phenomenal in handling us, by the way) made us an offer we couldn't refuse! The unit has pretty much all the bells and whistled I had researched (ok, no washer/dryer, but the prep is there and we are nowhere close to full timers - we can wait for that!), plus the interior color scheme the DW wanted all along...call it destiny!

We were able to spend a few days at Lazy Days in their transition area and campsite to get to know the new rig better, being new to the 5er world (heck, we are still relative newbies to RV camping anyhow). Then the 4 hour drive back was my first experience towing a 5er. I was a little nervous at first, but the truck handled the load well and the ride was much smoother than the bumper pull. I've only backed it up once so far (into the storage yard), and it seemed easier, but I still need a lotta practice! We can't wait to go out on another trip!!

Here is a pic of our new not so bouncy (thanks to TrailAir) baby - let me know what ya think!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	41769  

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wswkmw View Post
Hi fellow FRF members! The DW and I are now the proud parents of a new 2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS! We are SO HAPPY to be members of the Cedar Creek and 5th wheel families! Our travel trailer (2012 Flagstaff 30WFKSS) has moved on to a new life, and hopefully will make someone else a happy camper. We enjoyed it, but decided we wanted a little more elbow room, among other things (50 amp service, smoother pull). After an exhausting search process, we kept coming back to the Cedar Creek line, and Lazy Days in Tampa (who were phenomenal in handling us, by the way) made us an offer we couldn't refuse! The unit has pretty much all the bells and whistled I had researched (ok, no washer/dryer, but the prep is there and we are nowhere close to full timers - we can wait for that!), plus the interior color scheme the DW wanted all along...call it destiny! We were able to spend a few days at Lazy Days in their transition area and campsite to get to know the new rig better, being new to the 5er world (heck, we are still relative newbies to RV camping anyhow). Then the 4 hour drive back was my first experience towing a 5er. I was a little nervous at first, but the truck handled the load well and the ride was much smoother than the bumper pull. I've only backed it up once so far (into the storage yard), and it seemed easier, but I still need a lotta practice! We can't wait to go out on another trip!! Here is a pic of our new not so bouncy (thanks to TrailAir) baby - let me know what ya think!!!

Best of luck and drive carefully!
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #3

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #4

That's a great looking rig you have there Wayne and Kim. Post a few photos of the interior color scheme if you get the chance.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #5

Congratulations, Wayne and Kim! I hope you have many happy and carefree days with your new Creeker!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #6

Congrats on your new CC Wayne and Kim!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Wayne & Kim

Thanks to everyone that has responded so far!

We went to the rig in storage yard today to finish loading up the basement with some of the stuff we had left home before. I didn't want to do a lot during the transition period at Lazy Days. Boy, do these 5ers have a lot of space for storage or what? All the stuff I had in my underneath storage in the TT fit, and I've got plenty of room to spare. And it will be so much easier to access stuff when at the site

We are itching so bad to take another trip, but next weekend is already booked for us doing other things...maybe we can get away the following one!

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #8

Cedar Creek 36CKTS Batteries

I am new to the forum and understand this is off topic but I don't know how to start a new thread. Could someone send me a picture or diagram showing how they installed 4 6 volt golf cart batteries in a 36CKTX please? I am getting ready to buy a new 5th wheel and would like this set up. Thanks
mecapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #9

Congrats; great looking rig, love all the windows on the photo! Enjoy and safe travels.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #10

Welcome to the family. Congrats.
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #11

36CKTS

Welcome to the (unofficial) 36Ckts owners club.

If you want, check out modifications and updates section for mods I've done to my 2013.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecapeman View Post
I am new to the forum and understand this is off topic but I don't know how to start a new thread. Could someone send me a picture or diagram showing how they installed 4 6 volt golf cart batteries in a 36CKTX please? I am getting ready to buy a new 5th wheel and would like this set up. Thanks

A good place to start is a site called the 12 volt side of life. Just google it and then spend some time looking at it. It is must read information that everyone should read. There is two parts to it, part one and part two, it is really great information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote