Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
From 1989 until 2000, full-time FF/PM. Moved to AZ in 2000, and took the first job that would have me... Been a cop (detective now) since...

11' Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
12' Rockwood Roo 233S
Current: AZ
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
I spent 33 years with the National Park Service with assignments at Grand Canyon NP, Dinosaur NM, Glen Canyon NRA-Rainbow Bridge NM, Curecanti NRA and ended as district ranger at Black Canyon National Park. I retired in 2002 and began working for the Montrose Police Department at the Animal Shelter where I still work part time. Not quite as exciting. I tell everyone I'm a police janitor; doesn't matter however since I love dogs.

I just published a book on Amazon Kindle about my time at the Grand Canyon. It's 62 short stories some silly some serious others happy and a few sad. The book is called, "Saddling Up at the Grand Canyon". I hope some of you get a chance to read it.

RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
It's great seeing all of the different personnel on the forum keep the replies coming in.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
Moderators' Assistant
have been a FF/EMT for half my career with the State of California.
nearing retirement, in a year or two.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #15
Thanks to all of you for your service. You are appreciated-by some of us at least. I have volunteered for 18 years as a Chaplain with Illinois State Police. Also on Critical Incident Stress Management teams in greater St. Louis area.

Stay healthy and be safe out there. We need you.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
IAFF local 2499

I am curently a Firefighter/EMT with the city of Bristol Virginia IAFF local 2499. I was a Firefighter for Johnson City Fire Departmet for five years prior. Still have 14 years to full retirement but with holidays and vacation days I only have to show up at the station 95 days a year so I get alot of time off. I operate my own lawncare company on my days off. My wife is a school bus driver so she is off all summer. We just bought a 2012 Sandpiper 365 fifth wheel and have spent a little over two weeks in it so far. Looking at maybe going back to Clayboughs in Pigeon forge next weekend for a few days. It has been really dry here this year which has put a BIG damper on the lawncare company so might not get to go camping this year as much as we had originally planned. You guys stay safe out there it was 103 degrees here yesterday and were looking at 104 today.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #17
Nice seeing other IAFF members Council Bluffs IA is L-15 I like to brag about being one of the first 19 locals. It's good to see all of the public safety people out here regardless career or volunteer.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
I have 16 years as a volunteer firefighter in my county. Although I'm not nearly as active as I used I be with a family and all. My full time job for the last 5 years is with our county's Emergency Operations Center as a public safety dispatcher for fire and EMS. I also have a small lawn care business I run in the summer. My wife is a Deputy Sheriff with the same county as well as volunteer firefighter/paramedic for 20 plus years.
2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS (History)
1981 Starcraft Galaxy 2108 (its gone)
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Missing Link
Been a volunteer firefirefighter about 6 months now.
2014 Puma 30-DBSS
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.4L
cyclepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I resently retired after 32 years with a career fire dept. and I was wondering how many public safety people we have in the FRF? (Firefighters, Police, EMS, Emergency Management, etc). I finished the job as a Captain/Paramedic served 4 1/2 years in the training division and filled in once in awhile as an acting assist Chief. I also worked for the Iowa State Fire Training Bureau for about 22 years training personnel throughout S/W Iowa. Sound off out there and let see how many of us are here.
I retired as a FAA Airworthiness Inspector assigned to a major air carrier.

While not into "physical" PS as most of you here are (no uniform or weapon, but we do have badges and U.S. creditinals (sp) allowing us access into secure areas and to perform "En Route Flight Deck inspections), the FAA mandate is to ensure that aviation activities are conducted I/A/W federal regulations in order to ensure that the flying public is protected.

I also conducted U.S. civil aircraft crash investigations in parthership with the NTSB.

So I like to think that I was also involved in PS, but from a different side.

My thanks to all of you who perform PS duties.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote