Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1

Quads & other off road vehicles

We are two mature adults. We purchase a toyhauler for that purpose. We like to take our quad with us.
When using it in and around other campers we like to show respect of others quiet & enjoyment. We understand that many people like to get away and enjoy some piece & quiet. We like to use the quad to get out & explore remote areas.
I would like people to chime in as to what regulations in your area or state that is required to operate an off-road vehicle in your area.

Thanks in advance.

John
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good question! We have TH,and quads,and I've been wandering the same. Even looked at golf carts,because,it seems they are more acceptable,at more places. Just from reading info from a few campgrounds,it seems,a lot of them do not allow four wheelers. We have a ranger,also,it may be allowed,but is 4.5" too tall,to clear electric bunk bead,in garage So I'll be watching yr thread for more info.
Happy camping!
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

New Jersey- Anything with a VIN has to be registered. If you're on private property that is not your own, you have to have written permission from the owner to operate the ATV, and in the interest of the property owner, be insured. There is no operation of an ATV allowed on state forest land at all except the one ATV track the state owns that is located in south Jersey.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnys_walkers View Post
I would like people to chime in as to what regulations in your area or state that is required to operate an off-road vehicle in your area.
John,
As for Wisconsin, we have a lot of ATV-marked trails and the DNR allows operation on any areas open to public riding, frozen surface of any waterways and on private property with permission. You need to get it registered or a non-resident trail pass (not sure which) if you are a visitor to WI staying >15 days. There's more, of course (this is Wisconsin after all) and the DNR lists it all on their site.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #5

I'm from Kansas and I don't know of any campground that you can ride your atv in. My wife and I travel to different state though that have lots of campgrounds that cater to the atv/sxs crowds. It's nice to be able get up in the morning, finish your coffee by the campfire and climb on your atv or get in your sxs and take off for the trails. Arkansas, Oklahoma and Colorado are some of our favorites.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #6

In Wyoming you can pretty much ride anywhere you want. Blm and forest service roads require a ORV registration sticker which cost $15 per year.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote