Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 AM   #1
quality issues cedar creek fifth wheels

Hi I am ready to have a new cedar creek 38rd fifth wheel built from the factory. but after reading so many quality issues on so many forest river products I am not sure now!!!!! I live about 170 miles from the dealer. Has anybody had any issues with cedar creek fifth wheels??? thanks

sweetlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
We have owned a 36RD5S CC for 6 years plus. Yes we have had some issues, but Cedar Creek has always (and I mean always) stepped up and corrected any and all issues! Even beyond what was expected! As far as the dealer where you buy/order it from, you don't have to use them for warranty and other work. We had issue's with the dealer we ordered ours, both with what was on the signed order and what was delivered. After we picked it up, we never darkened their door again. Warranty work, repairs, and etc., can be done at any FR dealer, you just go through CC to get work done. You need to check any dealer/repair center out, so you trust them. We actually made trip's to the CC factory service center in Topeka, IN our work. The only issue with that is, the service center is scheduled usually about a year out. But, we have on a couple of occasions called and they did worked us in, when we were in the area. One time, they even sent us to a RV repair center in the next town over, where they send CC unit's that can not be worked into their schedule (they were as efficient and easy to work with, as the folks at the factory service center). Also, every year at the FROG rally in Goshen, IN, the factory service center employee's come and repair, replace or fix any issue(s) you may have.

As far as quality with cedar Creek units, in my estimation, CC has one of the highest craftsmanship in the RV industry, they do go the extra mile. But like anything made or built, with first owner there will be issue's that needs to be addressed. We were extremely happy with the original quality of work done, when the unit was built. Then with all the subsequent follow up work they have done.

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike and Judy
Wherever we are parked is our home
2009 - 36RD5S
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote

cedar creek, fifth wheel, quality, wheel