Questions re 2014 Georgetown 329DS
My first Class A is not here yet and I will be traveling 1,700 miles to get it from Dallas area and return it home. I have been doing as much research as possible but was hoping I could get some basic info from anyone familiar with the Georgetown 329DS. I have been in a TT for most of my vacationing life. This is my first Class A. Some questions may seem very simple but here goes.
1) Is GVWR of 20,500 empty weight, or loaded? I see GCVW is 26,000 with a dingy or motorcycle trailer. Does not leave much for cargo.
2) How is the propane tank filled? Removed like TT and brought to fill station? MH driven to fill station? or delivery to site? Please don't say all the above ;-)
3) Is the 24 lb tank sufficient? I had two 20's on my TT.
4) What is the load capacity of bunk over driver compartment?
5) I plan my "dingy" to be a 900lb Harley Road Glide in an enclosed 1,000lb 5x8 v-nose utility trailer. Does that work well with this MH? Suggestions?
6) How difficult are the Onan 5500 generators to operate and maintain? This is the newest aspect to RVing that I must learn, Not much out there on this. Most probable/practical times for use (I know they are for AC, TV, Micro and hairdryers) What about over the road? Does dash AC with rear window cracked for pull through do a sufficient job? Do vent fans run off battery without generator when in motion? (a lot here, sorry)
7) How to you check tire pressure on inside dual?
8) With a backup camera can you back with a 5x8 trailer attached?
I'll stop there for now.
Thanks in advance for anyone who has a few minutes to answer these questions
2014 FR Georgetown 329DS