Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Cool quick question...residential fridge

How long can a residential fridge run off of battery power? I mean i will be stopping at an over night parking lot but dont want to run gen all night . was hoping fridge can run off battery all i nuts?

xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
this is not a scientific answer. we also have a large residential refrigerator and we in a park where we could not run the generator overnight. our refrigerator has both a freezer and refrigerator section temperature display on the door. when we went to bed they read 0 degrees and 35 degrees. I was about n the middle of the night and ran the refrigerator for about 30 minutes in the inverter. when I got up and was able to start the generator the next morning the freezer was still below freezing (I think it was 28 degrees) and the refrigerator had gone up to the high 40's. one other night we left the inverter on all night and when we got up they were too weak to even start the generator (we had to jump start it). so will try to go the night with minimal use of the refrigerator via the inverter (don't plan to do his often).

CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
It also depends on the batteries you have
2016 Flagstaff 23lb
Toddupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
I have a Sanible 3601 with the residential fridge and currently only 1 size 27 deep cycle battery. The arrangement will run the frig from 8 hours to about 20 hours. This depends upon many outside factors and is not a pure electrical issue. Depending upon the exact residential fridge you have it may be pulling 19 amps DC from the battery when it is running the compressor. But of course the compressor only runs intermittently so the average draw rate is less. A nominal size 27 battery has apx 108 AH so IMO the normal battery is too small. I am in the process of adding a second bank of batteries to my unit to overcome this and other DC capacity issues.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote