Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Raleigh RV Show

We spent the afternoon at the Raleigh RV Show today. FR was very well represented. Not only were they the star of the show but there were a bunch of FR reps on site. I spoke with the reps from Cedar Creek, Blue Ridge, Columbus, and Sierra. The Georgetown rep was busy speaking with someone else. I tend to skip the TT and only go in a handful of MH so I don't know if any of our reps were there for those. I have never seen that many FR reps at this show and I have been going for years. The blue ridge rep said the beautiful weather brought them out.

The trailer awarded the shows best in show was the Wolf Pack 315Pack12. It was nice but not our favorite. For toy haulers we liked a grand design momentum. The dynamax Force was quite impressive and in the right floor plan could be tempting but is way above our budget anyway. I skipped the TT, class B and Class C MH so no picks there.

I think the Blue ridge 3920TZ was our favorite fiver. I like the rear elevated living room with extra storage below. The vacuum bonded walls are a nice touch too. DD loves the little trailers but couldn't pick a favorite from them. I was pleasantly surprised by the truck campers and just what they can squeeze into them while making them feel huge.

With the temps in the mid 70's and a partly cloudy day you couldn't ask for better weather. Chatting with the reps was really nice today. Glad we went.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 AM   #2

Wow, I'm from that area, I use to live in Goldsboro N.C., what no pics.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #3

What no River Stones!!! Probably still having trouble getting dealers.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

We went to the show on Friday (half price for old farts )

A lot to see, our favorite was the Georgetown XL. Might be one in our future.

We looked at EVERYTHING, my bride's comment at the end was "why do they all have so many steps?" I reminded her that was one of the reasons we purchased the Concord!

I liked the Bigfoot TT, I looked for one of those for a couple of years and gave up. If you want true four seasons it is the way to go. The Mammoth pickup camper was impressive! Everything else just sort of blended together after a while.

Overall a great show and I am guessing very well attended.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #5

I wish I had known about the show I could have went. 60 miles away. Did anyone take any pictures?
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #6

It's still on for today Sunday 2/26/17. Since there is a chill in the air there may not be as many people going.. We went yesterday to go with some friends... We may have given them the camping bug.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #7
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I wish I had known about the show I could have went. 60 miles away. Did anyone take any pictures?
Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and everyone goes (apologies to Neil Diamond) to the Raleigh RV show!

Still time if you get a move on. It runs from 11-5 today.

I have a few pictures of some popups for my DD.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #8

I also did the cheap tickets on Friday. Had a nice time. Walked miles and went into a lot of RV's of all types. Met some other FROGS. Latest RV craze is the new entry steps that store into the RV door. Might consider adding some to our unit. Lots of "sticker shock" there. Class C diesel units for over $100K, more than double what I paid for my 33' 5th wheel. Slide in box campers for $55,000??? Nice units but....

At the end of the day I am still happy with my Wildcat.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #9

We went during the cheap ticket family hours last night. While we're still a few years off from replacing our current TT it was good to be able to see a variety of trailers in one location. I was somewhat disappointed they didn't have a wider selection of smaller "for two" trailers but I understand that the larger market is more family oriented. In any event there were enough manufacturer's you could get a good idea of how they compare to each other amenity and quality wise.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
We went to the show on Friday (half price for old farts )

A lot to see, our favorite was the Georgetown XL. Might be one in our future.

We looked at EVERYTHING, my bride's comment at the end was "why do they all have so many steps?" I reminded her that was one of the reasons we purchased the Concord!

I liked the Bigfoot TT, I looked for one of those for a couple of years and gave up. If you want true four seasons it is the way to go. The Mammoth pickup camper was impressive! Everything else just sort of blended together after a while.

Overall a great show and I am guessing very well attended.

Aaron

Talking to the rep the Blue ridge fivers are a huge seller for the Canadian oil workers because of the way they are built.... the underside is educated blowing heat into the underbelly and basement. The walls are thicker... r9 inside the walls and r38 roof. The heaters are the same used in the Georgetown. The walls are vacuum bonded using the same process as the Georgetown.

Yes it was a lot of steps. We went after my daughter's soccer matches so she was quite tired by the end.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #11

Blue Ridge has one model I like, model 3720BH. I have a little great granddaughter and that would work out great for her
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show