Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #1

Random parts found in my new 2013 surveyor sp-295???

Was wondering if anyone can identify the random parts I found in our travel trailer when we got it home? We bought the travel trailer in Ohio and drove it back to MN. Attached is a couple pictures of the pieces I found. I'm guessing the screws and that plastic piece were probably just extra stuff that was left in there from the manufacturing process, so I'm mainly concerned about the larger metal part that has that threaded knob on the end? If anyone can tell me where it goes or what it is, I'd appreciate it. The parts were found in the kitchen/dining area of my camper on the floor.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	30198  
Kraig65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #2

Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase. I have an SV291 and recognize the screws but not that knob. I wonder if it could be part of a workers tools or jig.
AvalancheR-pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #3

Just bought salem 26tbud have not had it out just going over everything to figure how everything works and loading. The thing that make me mad is the cleaning at the manufacturing plan found water pipe under booth, under frig metal shavings saw dust, cover of heat, also fresh water tank fill hole going up hill very hard to get water in had to cut shorter and rotate works good now. All I have to say is quality control very poor.
hanskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig65 View Post
Was wondering if anyone can identify the random parts I found in our travel trailer when we got it home? We bought the travel trailer in Ohio and drove it back to MN. Attached is a couple pictures of the pieces I found. I'm guessing the screws and that plastic piece were probably just extra stuff that was left in there from the manufacturing process, so I'm mainly concerned about the larger metal part that has that threaded knob on the end? If anyone can tell me where it goes or what it is, I'd appreciate it. The parts were found in the kitchen/dining area of my camper on the floor.

Thanks!
The thing with the knob looks a lot like the piece used to lower the fold-down table, if your model has the same one as my Surveyor 220.

As for spare pieces, they can do some real harm. One of the storage bins under my slideout dinette was dislodged because a leftover piece of wood was left underneath, and it jammed beneath the storage bin when the slide was operated.

If your knob is what I think it is, it would be part of a spring-loaded assembly that allows you to pull the knob and lower the table. Please let us know if that's it. If it's the same table as mine, there are already other problems developing with the stability of the table.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #5

I did some looking and that knob piece does look like it goes on the table we have. I found the bracket it slides into but it still seems like I'm missing the spring for it because right now it can just slide back and forth and doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. I'm guessing yours has a spring around the cylindrical section which keeps the square section engaged with the scissor assembly to keep the table from falling down? I'll have to look further and see if I can find the spring.

Thanks for the response!
Kraig65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig65 View Post
I did some looking and that knob piece does look like it goes on the table we have. I found the bracket it slides into but it still seems like I'm missing the spring for it because right now it can just slide back and forth and doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. I'm guessing yours has a spring around the cylindrical section which keeps the square section engaged with the scissor assembly to keep the table from falling down? I'll have to look further and see if I can find the spring.

Thanks for the response!
Yes, it does have a spring. I hope you have good luck in finding it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #7

I hated that folding table. Our new trailer has 2 posts. Still warbles but at least it doesn't fold up when using it (don't ask, it wasn't good)
Pawpod is offline   Reply With Quote