Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Recommend TX Hill Country STATE Parks

Hi all,

We've camped several times at Inks Lake, and have a trip planned to Blanco on Mar. 4th. We've also day-tripped to check out a few of the State Parks that we can drive to easily.

However, I thought it might be fun to solicit your recommendations on the best STATE parks in the area.

Please educate us on your favorites, and why you like them.

(Within 1-day drive of Cedar Park, is what we're looking for)
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #2

Lost Maples would be worth the drive in my opinion. Been to lots of state parks...this one is our favorite. Limited RV sites which is nice sometimes.. good hiking.. beautiful scenery. If multiple sites are available... try site 15 (door side of trailer doesn't have immediate neighbors). If you go, check out Lost Maples Café in Utopia...short drive from the park (Warning: biscuits with sausage gravy = nap)
Old 02-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #3

Thanks, TexMex, will check that out. I mentioned in another thread, but we're taking our new camper on her maiden voyage to Blanco SP this weekend. We checked it out on a day trip before we took delivery of our camper.

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
Old 02-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #4

We try to reserve sites months in advance but that Blanco park seems to fill up quickly. One of the only SP within a few hundred miles we haven't been to is Blanco... its funny though... last night we were able to book a spot but I believe its for May! You may already have one but the SP Pass is well worth it. Congrats on the new trailer!
Old 03-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
We try to reserve sites months in advance but that Blanco park seems to fill up quickly. One of the only SP within a few hundred miles we haven't been to is Blanco... its funny though... last night we were able to book a spot but I believe its for May! You may already have one but the SP Pass is well worth it. Congrats on the new trailer!
Yeah, we're going Thur/Fri because it was already booked Fri night.

And my wife also noticed that opening in May, but we are going to be at Inks with our church group the weekend after that. We have several trips booked, and are afraid we're going to get burned out!

And, yes, we have the state parks pass.

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592