Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #1

Record number of consecutive weekends

I'm very proud to say that in the 8 weeks of RV ownership, 6 of those weekends I've been in my RV. My wife and I are not full timers, and have jobs. IS this normal?

How many weekends (or trips) do most people get to take in their RVs?

Brian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Our trips vary in length. We always do 2 full week trips each year, in the beach direction. Then there's usually 1 weekend trip each month. I travel to York PA for the TCA Train show twice a year (3 day trips) and then visiting our daughter at college a couple times. Our season usually starts mid April until mid Novemeber.
Congrats on your purchase, also glad you've got to use it so frequently already.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepilot_3ck View Post
I'm very proud to say that in the 8 weeks of RV ownership, 6 of those weekends I've been in my RV. My wife and I are not full timers, and have jobs. IS this normal?

How many weekends (or trips) do most people get to take in their RVs?

Brian
NO! This is very abnormal! I suggest you and your wife pack up and go someplace peaceful and quiet this weekend, like some sort of country setting, to think about what your doing!

Wish I could get away like that. Kind of hard to do with the tt in the shop right now. That's okay, I'll get my share of trips in before the camping season is over.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #4

Yeah Really what the hell are you thinking using that RV that much you trying to wear it out or what. No thats awesome that you can get away that much keep up the good work
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #5

Congrats on the camper. We usually go away for a week in Feb (Disney), 2 weeks in the summer, and as many weekends as possible. You know the old saying, 'use it or lose it' :-)

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
CampeRooo

I am glad to hear that you're getting that kind of use out of it. We love to camp every chance we get, but lately, my wife's schedule hasn't allowed us to get out but one time this year so far. We're hoping next weekend is number two, but the last time we thought that, they changed her schedule that week and we had to scrap the trip. The "benefit" of being employed, right? Take care and keep enjoying!

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Congrats on the camper. We usually go away for a week in Feb (Disney), 2 weeks in the summer, and as many weekends as possible. You know the old saying, 'use it or lose it' :-)
Not trying to hijack this thread. Can you, would you elaborate about disney? I would love to try camping there, my wife is not so sure...

Can you give advise about the high's and low's of camping at Disney? I am looking for actual experiences.

thanks,

shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthrbelsewhere View Post
I am glad to hear that you're getting that kind of use out of it. We love to camp every chance we get, but lately, my wife's schedule hasn't allowed us to get out but one time this year so far. We're hoping next weekend is number two, but the last time we thought that, they changed her schedule that week and we had to scrap the trip. The "benefit" of being employed, right? Take care and keep enjoying!
..and everyone.

Yeah, we have so many places close by that we can go over the weekend that it makes it really easy to take off after work on a Friday and come back late Sunday. We used our HTT about twice a month. I hope we're able to keep that schedule with the new DP.

Brian
Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #9

Last year we took 3-2 week trips, 2-1 week trips and only 3 or 4 3 day week end trips.
As I posted earlyer we will take a 6 week trip this year with other trips to come.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineysideup View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread. Can you, would you elaborate about disney? I would love to try camping there, my wife is not so sure...

Can you give advise about the high's and low's of camping at Disney? I am looking for actual experiences.

thanks,

shineysideup
Start a new thread. I'm sure several of us have camped there. I have.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #11

We spend three months in Florida in our Georgetown every year. Then we camp one weekend a month with a Good Sam Chapter during the summer months. Last year we spent three months on the road traveling from Virginia to Pigion forge, Kanas, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Calif, Arizona, New Mexaco, Texas, Miss, and back to VA. We saw all of the National Parks along the way. Great trip.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #12

Well, to start out with I work 4-ten hour days....Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday-off-Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I am at the campground for a three day weekends every weekend most of the time, then I have 4 weeks of vacation, two weeks at Mytle beach at Pirate Land and one maybe two weeks at Ocean City MD at Frontier Town plus any holidays that fall within the Spring, Summer and Fall months during the camping season. We are trying to wear out the Rockwood. The first year with the Rockwood we went to Deep Creek Lake and stayed at Bumblebee campground, we ARE NOT going back, bad campground and all food has to be stored away or the Bears will come and tear your camper apart to get it. As you can see we spend most of our time camping somewhere all during the season. But I will tell you, it seems like it is getting more expensive evey year, but I know who slept in our bed last and you can't beat the people one meets at the campgrounds.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Well, to start out with I work 4-ten hour days....Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday-off-Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I am at the campground for a three day weekends every weekend most of the time, then I have 4 weeks of vacation, two weeks at Mytle beach at Pirate Land and one maybe two weeks at Ocean City MD at Frontier Town plus any holidays that fall within the Spring, Summer and Fall months during the camping season. We are trying to wear out the Rockwood. The first year with the Rockwood we went to Deep Creek Lake and stayed at Bumblebee campground, we ARE NOT going back, bad campground and all food has to be stored away or the Bears will come and tear your camper apart to get it. As you can see we spend most of our time camping somewhere all during the season. But I will tell you, it seems like it is getting more expensive evey year, but I know who slept in our bed last and you can't beat the people one meets at the campgrounds.
I need a schedule and vacation like that

Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I've been trying to get a schedule like that for years. I'm in I.T. though, so (like other fields), I'm really a 24/7/365 employee. The cool thing is I can do MOST of my job from my RV. Now, how do I work THAT angle. My Wife is a teacher so her non-summer time off is limited.

Brian
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepilot_3ck View Post
I've been trying to get a schedule like that for years. I'm in I.T. though, so (like other fields), I'm really a 24/7/365 employee. The cool thing is I can do MOST of my job from my RV. Now, how do I work THAT angle. My Wife is a teacher so her non-summer time off is limited.

Brian
Well, I am in I.T. also and last year, I had an opportunity to work from an established campground with wireless connectivity to the visitors. For the small price of optimizing their WLAN and doing some small tasks on the owners computer and fax machine, I got to work from the RV for several weeks out of the year. It was the best year i've had yet. I hope to be able to do some more of that this year if we get the chance to get away for a week. We'll see...

Joe

Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthrbelsewhere View Post
Well, I am in I.T. also and last year, I had an opportunity to work from an established campground with wireless connectivity to the visitors. For the small price of optimizing their WLAN and doing some small tasks on the owners computer and fax machine, I got to work from the RV for several weeks out of the year. It was the best year i've had yet. I hope to be able to do some more of that this year if we get the chance to get away for a week. We'll see...

Joe
Very nice! I'd love to score something like that.

Brian
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #17

Since we went seasonal, we are in the 20 to 24 weekend range. As my wife said "This is the reason we bought it in the first place".
Bob and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Teresa View Post
Since we went seasonal, we are in the 20 to 24 weekend range. As my wife said "This is the reason we bought it in the first place".
Amen! Didn't buy it to sit in storage.

Brian