Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #11

We spend three months in Florida in our Georgetown every year. Then we camp one weekend a month with a Good Sam Chapter during the summer months. Last year we spent three months on the road traveling from Virginia to Pigion forge, Kanas, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Calif, Arizona, New Mexaco, Texas, Miss, and back to VA. We saw all of the National Parks along the way. Great trip.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #12

Well, to start out with I work 4-ten hour days....Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday-off-Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I am at the campground for a three day weekends every weekend most of the time, then I have 4 weeks of vacation, two weeks at Mytle beach at Pirate Land and one maybe two weeks at Ocean City MD at Frontier Town plus any holidays that fall within the Spring, Summer and Fall months during the camping season. We are trying to wear out the Rockwood. The first year with the Rockwood we went to Deep Creek Lake and stayed at Bumblebee campground, we ARE NOT going back, bad campground and all food has to be stored away or the Bears will come and tear your camper apart to get it. As you can see we spend most of our time camping somewhere all during the season. But I will tell you, it seems like it is getting more expensive evey year, but I know who slept in our bed last and you can't beat the people one meets at the campgrounds.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Well, to start out with I work 4-ten hour days....Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday-off-Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I am at the campground for a three day weekends every weekend most of the time, then I have 4 weeks of vacation, two weeks at Mytle beach at Pirate Land and one maybe two weeks at Ocean City MD at Frontier Town plus any holidays that fall within the Spring, Summer and Fall months during the camping season. We are trying to wear out the Rockwood. The first year with the Rockwood we went to Deep Creek Lake and stayed at Bumblebee campground, we ARE NOT going back, bad campground and all food has to be stored away or the Bears will come and tear your camper apart to get it. As you can see we spend most of our time camping somewhere all during the season. But I will tell you, it seems like it is getting more expensive evey year, but I know who slept in our bed last and you can't beat the people one meets at the campgrounds.
I need a schedule and vacation like that

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I've been trying to get a schedule like that for years. I'm in I.T. though, so (like other fields), I'm really a 24/7/365 employee. The cool thing is I can do MOST of my job from my RV. Now, how do I work THAT angle. My Wife is a teacher so her non-summer time off is limited.

Brian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #15
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepilot_3ck View Post
I've been trying to get a schedule like that for years. I'm in I.T. though, so (like other fields), I'm really a 24/7/365 employee. The cool thing is I can do MOST of my job from my RV. Now, how do I work THAT angle. My Wife is a teacher so her non-summer time off is limited.

Brian
Well, I am in I.T. also and last year, I had an opportunity to work from an established campground with wireless connectivity to the visitors. For the small price of optimizing their WLAN and doing some small tasks on the owners computer and fax machine, I got to work from the RV for several weeks out of the year. It was the best year i've had yet. I hope to be able to do some more of that this year if we get the chance to get away for a week. We'll see...

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthrbelsewhere View Post
Well, I am in I.T. also and last year, I had an opportunity to work from an established campground with wireless connectivity to the visitors. For the small price of optimizing their WLAN and doing some small tasks on the owners computer and fax machine, I got to work from the RV for several weeks out of the year. It was the best year i've had yet. I hope to be able to do some more of that this year if we get the chance to get away for a week. We'll see...

Joe
Very nice! I'd love to score something like that.

Brian
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #17

Since we went seasonal, we are in the 20 to 24 weekend range. As my wife said "This is the reason we bought it in the first place".
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Teresa View Post
Since we went seasonal, we are in the 20 to 24 weekend range. As my wife said "This is the reason we bought it in the first place".
Amen! Didn't buy it to sit in storage.

Brian