Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 04:22 AM   #41
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
I sold my first TT to a guy in mid Missouri who has a camper rental business. He paid me my asking price which was only $2K less than I paid for it new a year earlier. He was in a big hurry to get it because he was turning down business. He said he gets them mostly paid off in two good seasons then sells them while fairly new.

I think we private owners are too emotionally attached to do that. Personally, I couldn't rent my TT but had no problems renting out my house.... go figure?

I wold be more willing to rent out my TT if I were to haul it to the site,set it up then bring it home when they were done. The set up and tear down are the most critical aspects of RVing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #42
fx2

I've rented mine out through a service for the last year. There are 2 more reservations on it this month and then it's coming home for good.

Overall the experience hasn't been bad, it's just too much work to completely strip all of our stuff out each time we drop it off and the completely reload to take it out.
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I wold be more willing to rent out my TT if I were to haul it to the site,set it up then bring it home when they were done. The set up and tear down are the most critical aspects of RVing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know this is an old post that I ran across but had to chime in because a) we do get way too attached to "assets", and b) it's not an asset if you're dumping money into it every month, it's a liability.

I get it; most people on this forum use their RV, but everyone else uses it once or twice a year on vacation.

This isn't for everyone, but I do it and it's fun. I make about $6k per year renting out my 2015 Trail Runner TT.

No, they don't tow; I take it out and set up for them at select campgrounds and parks near me. It's also for weddings, used during remodels, etc. It's fun to share it and help pay for trips, etc. Zero damage in 5 years I've been doing it.

There are plenty of websites and good technology that allows you to list for free. They do all the work in terms of marketing, insurance, booking, reservations, etc. I simply deliver and pick up.

Not everyone wants to own, drive or tow. Not everyone can. I have so many customers, older folk who RV'd their whole life with their kids. In their 80's now and still want to camp. I make that happen for them and it's fun. I earn money, have fun, and help some very cool peeps.

Anyway, just had to say my piece. I signed up for this one reason; so I could comment;-)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #44
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLovell View Post
I know this is an old post that I ran across but had to chime in because a) we do get way too attached to "assets", and b) it's not an asset if you're dumping money into it every month, it's a liability.

I get it; most people on this forum use their RV, but everyone else uses it once or twice a year on vacation.

This isn't for everyone, but I do it and it's fun. I make about $6k per year renting out my 2015 Trail Runner TT.

No, they don't tow; I take it out and set up for them at select campgrounds and parks near me. It's also for weddings, used during remodels, etc. It's fun to share it and help pay for trips, etc. Zero damage in 5 years I've been doing it.

There are plenty of websites and good technology that allows you to list for free. They do all the work in terms of marketing, insurance, booking, reservations, etc. I simply deliver and pick up.

Not everyone wants to own, drive or tow. Not everyone can. I have so many customers, older folk who RV'd their whole life with their kids. In their 80's now and still want to camp. I make that happen for them and it's fun. I earn money, have fun, and help some very cool peeps.

Anyway, just had to say my piece. I signed up for this one reason; so I could comment;-)

My thoughts on this have changed. I'm not sure I feel this way anymore.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #45

I looked into renting a trailer before I bought. Too expensive, too many rules and not worth the effort for a weekend. On the flip side, I would never rent out my TH. It's MINE! All MINE! and no, I don't share! Well, maybe you can sit in it with me if you bring whiskey. But only until the whiskey is gone.
seagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #46

My camper is like the two spare bedrooms in my house, there are never used, well hardly ever used and I'm not renting them out. Same way with camper but it's yours do what makes you happy
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #47
Kasual Kamper

We had a local theatre group who needed trailers for dressing rooms for summer performances in our local park this summer. They approached me and offered me $600 just to park the thing for 4 weeks. Easiest $600 I ever made. (I should note it was for our old trailer being put up for sale, not our MicroLite.)
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #48

Send a message via AIM to B and B
It works well for a standard trailer. I don't thinks Cedar Creek Hathaway or Riverstone would be used as rental but who knows?

On another board some people are hauling there trailers to Texas and selling them setup for flood victims, as long as both seller and purchaser are happy I see no issues with it.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote