Old 06-26-2015, 02:03 PM   #1

Replacement SPeakers for a Concertone Surround Sound Speaker

Hello,

We have a 2007 Palomino Thoroughbred, with a Concertone zx600 Radio/DVD/CD/Surround. Our speakers are not working on one side. We have replace the outside speakers (they were dry and cracked), and the bedroom speakers are great. We have the 5 speakers for the surround sound that are ceiling mounted. I have looked everywhere, but cannot find replacements and/or any information on why one side and the middle speaker will not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
SJ

P.S. I posted a picture of 3 of the 5 speakers.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #2

Quote:
P.S. I posted a picture of 3 of the 5 speakers.
I don't see one...

Funny that three speakers went out all at once, which then sounds to me like a bad connection. Have you looked at the back of the sound device to make sure your connections are good? Speakers don't just stop working... unless a source for the sound has a problem

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #3

rsdata,

Thanks for your reply, we did look in the back (lots of wires). Sorry about the picture not showing. My first post, I guess I do not know how to post a pic yet ;o). The speakers have not worked since we purchased it. Do you know if there are fuses?

Thanks again,

SJ
Old 06-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
Site Team

I had poor sound from a few of my speakers. I pulled the radio and found the problem. All the connections were made with crimp type connectors. I many cases one of the wires was not crimped into the connector or has one strand of wire crimped. In one case the crimp was good, but the wire was not stripped so no contact. I removed and replaced ALL the connections with good connections carefully done.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #5

easiest way to post a picture is use the Insert Image Link, the fifth from the right... then find the image on your computer and Upload...

Speakers can be fused, but that usually happens internally to the COncertone, if it is done at all.

What model TT and COncertone do you have? From that info we may be able to find a manual online to provide some answers...

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 06-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #6

I will have to look at the way to load a pic. Could be my work laptop preventing it. I have a manual. Just not too electrically talented. I may have to take the unit it out. It is difficult to reach all of the wiring.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #7

I'm sorry, I mis-spoke
the easiest way to put in a picture is to use the attachment paper clip...
next to the smiley face top row
then find the file on your computer Choose File button
then Upload button

If you tell me the model of the Concertone on the manual I can find it online and look for a fuse.

I THINK Flybob has the correct answer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f01.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	81199   Click image for larger version

Name:	f02.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	81200   Click image for larger version

Name:	f03.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	81201  

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #8

Just a thought. You say the center speaker and one side is not working. It's possible that it's because the sound or music is not Dolby surround sound encoded. Basically the stereo will only produce sound from the front left and right speakers. Make sure the unit is not in Dolby Pro Logic mode unless your watching movies or a source that is compatible with surround sound. That could explain the center channel not working. Now you claim one side is not working. Are you sure that is not the rear surround channels. The speakers may be miss wired as far as their location goes. I've seen rear channels hooked up to the front speakers. I would play a music CD. Then confirm your left and right by setting the balance. You may find that your speakers are working but they are not wired correctly as far as location. If you don't have sound from both left and right by adjusting the balance then you may have a bad crimp connection on the back of the radio. I've found that these connections are not always the best quality. It's possible someone else could have missed with the wiring and hooked it up wrong or just made bad connections. Worst case you may have a stereo with blown out channels and you will need to replace it. Also you can pull down the speakers from the ceiling and check that the wires have good connections to the speakers. I've even found pinched and broken wires in the walls but we don't want to go there just yet.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #9

Most likely back connections.

Tags
concertone, replacement