Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #1

Replacement storage key / swivel mount for LCD TV?

When we picked up our new Rockwood 8313SS (upgraded from a 2001 Sunline 2670 - RIP Sunline...) last week, the dealer gave us two keys for the door, but only one key to the storage compartments. I went to our local Ace hardware to get a duplicate made, but they couldn't match it up. Is anyone aware of a compatible manufacturer/model for this key?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a swivel mount for the factory LCD TV? It's difficult to view from the couch, but I'm concerned about the abuse the mount might take while on the road.

Thanks,

Ken

Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #2

Hi Ken,

I have found that the storage compartment keys (CH751) tend to be commonly used for a lot of RV's. I can remember in the past my brother losing his compartment key for his camper and being able to use mine to open up his compartments. I changed all of my compartment locks to a less common lock. You can find these locks at Camping World or possibly another RV dealers parts store. If you are in need of the CH751 key let me know and I may be able to dig one out of a drawer for you.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCamper View Post
Hi Ken,

I have found that the storage compartment keys (CH751) tend to be commonly used for a lot of RV's. I can remember in the past my brother losing his compartment key for his camper and being able to use mine to open up his compartments. I changed all of my compartment locks to a less common lock. You can find these locks at Camping World or possibly another RV dealers parts store. If you are in need of the CH751 key let me know and I may be able to dig one out of a drawer for you.
Check with your dealer, they may have one laying around, those keys are common. I am going to change mine out.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #4

If the key is a CH751, and it probably is, your dealer should have a drawer full laying around. It would be better if you changed out the locks on those compartments to something with a different key. Just about every trailer in the country has the CH751 key for the storage compartments.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #5

Stopped by the dealer this afternoon, and he had a spare CH751 that fit.

Thanks for the assistance,

Ken
Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 AM   #6

Hey Chip... Let me know if you find out the answer to the TV mount question. I ordered an 831KRSS and that was the first thing i noticed is that you cant see the tv from the couch cause it doesnt have a swivel mount on it. I figured i could just go to bestbuy and get one,but this is a really bad design on the TV mounts in the center entertainment centers.