Old 01-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #21
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
Replace you with I and your statement is correct. When you use you, you're stating a common experience among everyone reading your post.

Again, it's not the way it works for me. Your signature states you're from Virginia. Might be a Virginia thing. Good luck.
Actually, it was a Maryland thing. It was a common experience among everyone there, that's why the "you", which was used in a general sense meaning "a person", "anybody using Reservamerica" etc.. Clear?

KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #22

Reserve America is terrible. A perfect example of a company that doesnít try and still makes money, for a while. Most people donít like them but are forced to use them. My biggest complaint is when sites are cancelled they donít put them back up for in line reservations. Thatís just poor lazy customer service.

Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #23
Usually Confused Member

I havenít seen a lot of this cancellation stuff and RA commissions. Maybe it varies from state to state, but in Georgia I can make a reservation via the RA website or direct with the Park. Once a reservation is made it can be changed once with no charge, $10 charge after that. A change can be to different dates in the same park or to any other state park.

A reservation is in effect with the payment of one nights fee with the remainder due upon check in. Cancellation incurs a flat fee of $10. Seems to me it works pretty well.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #24

Louisiana uses them and it really burns me when I have to pay a reservation fee on a walk up for one night. No reservation involved, just a way to collect a fee. I hope they stop using reserveamerica.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
Replace you with I and your statement is correct. When you use you, you're stating a common experience among everyone reading your post.

Again, it's not the way it works for me. Your signature states you're from Virginia. Might be a Virginia thing. Good luck.
Wut?!?
Beachbourbon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #26
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
Wut?!?
I think it was just another random English lesson. Carry on.
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #27
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I think it was just another random English lesson. Carry on.
From a self-appointed English professor wannabe!
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #28
Senior

I am glad to see that this company is dying. I do not like the idea of needing to make a reservation to park my camper in a campgroound in advance. It appears to me that someone hundreds of miles away looking at a computer screen can not know what is happening at every campground. I see campsites that are unused at many places I go even though RA says the place is full. I have been able too get a good site at a "full campground" by calling and asking someone in that campground office. Not to mention the fact that you must make a reservation 3 days in advance. I prefer to have flexibility when I travel and be able to stay longer somewhere I find more interesting or leave sooner than I expected when I don't enjoy the place and want to move on.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #29
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Actually, it was a Maryland thing. It was a common experience among everyone there, that's why the "you", which was used in a general sense meaning "a person", "anybody using Reservamerica" etc.. Clear?
It was always clear. Just wrong. Again, not "anybody using Reserveamerica" has that experience. That's the point. I find it very interesting that in Maryland, you got charged a daily fee. Well, actually, terrible is a better word for it than "interesting." Sounds awful and it would really anger me. It's just useful to note that your experience is your experience and not "anybody's" experience. Reserveamerica seemed/seems to work differently between CO and MD ... and may have different rules for other states.

I actually liked reserveamerica. I hate the new recreation.gov. Others may feel differently, which is great.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
From a self-appointed English professor wannabe!
Not sure I've seen anyone self-appoint themselves to any position here, but if it helps you to sleep at night, enjoy yourself.

RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #30

Before the gov't shutdown I emailed recreation.gov about the changes in their site and how much information is now lacking. I got a reply saying they hoped it would improve soon, but then they were shut down. I was so frustrated trying to book a campground (as previous posters noted) because the sites weren't labeled in the map! I was able to contact the company that manages the campground and get information, but still nobody had a map of the campground with the sites labelled. What a shame that they upgraded the platform before making sure all of their data was populated.

When the gov't reopens, I suggest calling the local forest office for site informaion, but that may not happen in time for those of us who prefer to reserve in advance for July and August.

jennyzichterman is offline   Reply With Quote