Old 11-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #31

FYI, unless there is a sign clearly posted articulating a specific code section prohibiting vehicular parking in specific spots there is no violation on the part of vehicles/persons parking in inappropriate spaces. Just inconsiderate behavior!
That's nation wide.
Retired LEO

Tampering with another vehicle is a violation...nationwide.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Here in North Carolina, many of the rest areas have separate parking for semi-trucks and for "cars and cars with trailers." In the area for cars and cars with trailers, there are car parking spaces angled to the left toward the bathrooms, and on the right there are long spaces parallel to the opposite curb for those towing trailers.

What really gripes my butt is when single cars park in those trailer spots, when there are plenty of spaces for them even closer to the buildings. I have complained to the attendants, who say people do it because the trailer sites are often in the shade. They say the highway patrol will do nothing about it.

The problem is that once you pull into one of these rest areas, and find the trailer spaces full of single cars, there is no place to stop, and all traffic is one-way, so you just have to leave.

The truck parking area is usually an area that you pass first without any way to know whether the car-trailer spots will be taken until you actually get up there. So there's no way to get back to the truck area once you go past it. The only safe option is to just go ahead and park in the truck lot to begin with, but I'm not so sure the truckers like that, so I've seldom done it.

I guess the solution would be for the self-important folks in the single cars to realize what they are doing. Just because a trailer parking space is open now doesn't mean an RV won't pull in 15 seconds later and need to use it, but I know I'm preaching to the choir here. Has anyone else run into this?
Pull in behind the offenders blocking them in, lock the rig up and walk away.

TURBS.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
These are the same people who pull up to the only diesel island at the local station when all other islands are open, and then can't figure out why I sit there idling waiting for them to finish putting gas in their Kia.
This has happened to me too. These same people never seem to pay at the pump, always have a need to use the station bathroom (#2 judging by time taken), before buying their big gulp drink and three hotdogs for a buck.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyke8319 View Post
FYI, unless there is a sign clearly posted articulating a specific code section prohibiting vehicular parking in specific spots there is no violation on the part of vehicles/persons parking in inappropriate spaces. Just inconsiderate behavior!
That's nation wide.
Retired LEO

Tampering with another vehicle is a violation...nationwide.
The best advice I've seen all day!

I've been stuck needing to fill up at a gas station without away from the pump parking for a TV and camper. So I stay with the truck to fill up then block a pump or two while I go inside, because there is no other choice. I try to be quick but it is just the luck of the draw that someone might get delayed because of me. I try to keep this in mind when I get frustrated by other drivers. Its not personal. Why ruin your day over another persons social clumsiness.

Or worse, become the kind of person that damages property over a trivia.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
The best advice I've seen all day!

I've been stuck needing to fill up at a gas station without away from the pump parking for a TV and camper. So I stay with the truck to fill up then block a pump or two while I go inside, because there is no other choice. I try to be quick but it is just the luck of the draw that someone might get delayed because of me. I try to keep this in mind when I get frustrated by other drivers. Its not personal. Why ruin your day over another persons social clumsiness.

Or worse, become the kind of person that damages property over a trivia.
This is true, I just crack a beer and wait....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #36

Ps Dont stop at cracker barrell in Springfield, Mo either. Very small lot 99.9% of the time the time rv & truck lot is full of single cars.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #37
Fulltime in our Berkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
This is true, I just crack a beer and wait....
I was going down the road the other day and noticed the lady next to me was texting while driving !!!!!! That's just too dangerous. I was so mad I put my window down and threw my can of beer at her
Old 12-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSScubaDiver View Post
How do you add the picture of the floor plan to your signature? I tried, but nothing came up
Click on link and see post #25. I found this thread helpful as I was learning my way around the site.

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

Let us know if you need more help. Directions are for a computer.

Good luck!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #39

Only time you might have a problem with the big trucks is late at night. All the company guys file in to go to bed.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrader View Post
Only time you might have a problem with the big trucks is late at night. All the company guys file in to go to bed.
I would much rather deal with that then a BIG RIG driver going down the road at 70 MPH half a sleep.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote