Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #1

May 28 , after camping. 4 days memorial weekend , came home Monday , worked Tuesday. , came home from work to mow the grass

Got mower out and crossed behind TT and right thigh muscle locked up and down to the ground , face first I went ( slowly ) spun around on the ground called and whistled for wife She got me up , felt like a cramp " I can walk this out "
Took 2 steps and left leg did same.can not support my weight on legs .

Called 911 go to ER , stay 12 hrs there ,admit to room , next day wife takes right sock off and I have a very swollen ankle , X-ray shows broke fibula right above ankle ( ER ask me I said its sore and I can move it , they never checked it . Cast on right leg , no weight bearing .

5 days in hospital to treat Rhabdomyolysis , lots of IV bags , still can't walk

Now in rehab hospital , 17 days ,blood work good , working on quads muscles to get stronger from Rhabdomyolysis , maybe another week here ,
Very frustrated ready to get to walking .

Dr changed my BP medicine added duratic , get water off the body
Started diet , lost 40 lbs in3 months , DR at rehab Blames it on drinking bottle water , ( they filter a lot of minerals out) low on electrolytes , lower food intake , perfect storm . July 2 hope to get cast off and walking boot on to help the left leg to get to walking

Please at electrolytes to your bottle water , vitamins Drink ,poweriad , Gatorade or pedilte
Never here of this , but had plenty of time to research Rhabdomyolysis
Be careful this summer

2009 Rambox crew cab
2012 831 Flagstaff RKSS
2010 jeep Liberty
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Man o man, you have been through the ringer. I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

Never heard of rhabdomyolysis.......had to look it up to see what it was.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
MI Camperz
Statin meds are another culprit. Get well soon! Keep working! God Bless!
Keep us posted, everyone here pulling for you.
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Site Team
I hope you continue to get better. I have seen rhabdo completely shut down people's kidneys and subsequently allow fluid to back up into their lungs causing them to need to be placed on a ventilator (life support). or it can cause you to get so acidotic that your entire body shuts down one system at a time. it sounds like they caught it before it got that bad. it is a long and difficult road. Try to stay positive.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote