Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #1

Road ID - emergency info on the road

I learned about this company from a motorcycle forum I participate in. After a short a-ha moment, I realized the need to carry emergency info goes beyond riding the motorcycle on dirt trails. I am often traveling to the dog shows without my DH, usually caravanning on the road with friends. On occassion, I have thought I should compile my emergency contact info and tack it up in the trailer...just havent done it. I absolutely love what Road ID offers in style and info choices.

This ID speaks for the wearer when they cant speak for themselves. I have already decided to purchase for family and friends. I love my slim bracelet, cant even feel it is on my wrist.

Many of you are on the road, away from home. Things can happen whether at a campground, strolling thru a new town or while driving on the road. Women typically keep their ID in a purse which might get seperated from owner in an accident & not catch up to owner for houra while responders are trying to help the owner. Some men remove their wallets from pants pocket when they drive, also might not be located if involved in a collision....this might prove a wonderful addition for identification when traveling, running, biking, fishing or other activity.....

Road IDģ USA's #1 Source for Runners ID, Cycling ID & Medical ID Tags

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #2

Though I think the road ID is a viable solution to a possible problem, here's another suggestion. Look at your cell phone. There is an area (in mine) for emergency contacts that come up when contacts are selected.

Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
Though I think the road ID is a viable solution to a possible problem, here's another suggestion. Look at your cell phone. There is an area (in mine) for emergency contacts that come up when contacts are selected.
For those that don't have that (iPhone), you're supposed to create a contact named ICE (In Case Emergency).
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
For those that don't have that (iPhone), you're supposed to create a contact named ICE (In Case Emergency).
And just how many folks out there don't have cell phones? Very few if any that I've seen. Most families have one for each and every member of the family.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #5

Road ID is for fast identification of the person who needs help and unable to speak for themself. It is ID easily found on the person & immediate medical info can be gained from either on the bracelet, ankle, shoe or necklace as well as phone # for spouse, parent, friend, etc.

So for someone who has allergy to bee sting & carries an epi-pen, this offers pertinent info immediately. First responders are educated to look for these ID forms as they are widely used by triatheletes, cyclists and runners. If a person passes out during a race, their loved one is somewhere along the route and First responders can contact them via info on RoadID.

A cell phone (like a purse) may not be readily found in an accident or it might also be locked and info unaccessible to first responders. Or as happened to a friend, one could fall into the lake and ruin (or lose) their phone to the depths of the lake. haha

I just thought I'd share this here on FR forum because many RVers do solitary activites and are away from home and then there are some who have compromised health...and many have small children who might wander off and the bracelets can help a ranger contact the parents.

The link to RoadID is very informative

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
And just how many folks out there don't have cell phones? Very few if any that I've seen. Most families have one for each and every member of the family.
My "that" was referring to a special area for entering the information. Sorry I wasn't clear.