Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Roadside assistance

What roadside assistance program do y’all use? I have a 31 foot travel trailer. Thanks in advance.
cutigerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #2

We have Coach-Net. They are more expensive than some others but get good reviews. We have never had to use them yet so I can't verify.

We also have Good Sam, but that came as part of the package when we bought our trailer.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #3

Something to consider - assistance is going to cost $50 - $200 if you pay cash, and depending on what's needed. No premium needed. The big advantage to a service is that one call can locate somebody to help you.

Personally, I don't bother - but I'm towing an A-frame pop-up with a minivan. I pulled my wheels at 9 months and hand re-packed the bearings. I also had the tires inspected and balanced at the same time. I have considered my risks, and taken actions to reduce the risks where practical. So I feel pretty confident self-insuring.

my thoughts, your choices
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote