Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

Roadside assistance

Good Sams or Coach Net?
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #2

Good question.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #3

Six of one, half dozen of another, they're both designed for the RVer. IMO they are the only two worth considering for anyone who owns an RV.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #4

Had Good Sam's with a previous RV and now have Coach Net free for one year with our new RV. Never had to use either one and hope we would never need to. Like any insurance, a warm fuzzy feeling to have but hope you never need it. At the ebd of my free year with Coach Net I'll take a good close look at both and decide from that what one to go with. Like Oakman, the only two worth considering.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
Good Sams or Coach Net?
I waited for hrs. and many calls to the free coach net. I now have Good Sams and they are alot faster to respond. I would go with Good Sams. They have a bigger group all over then Coach Net. Just my opinion......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #6

Waited 9 1/2 hours for road service from Good Sam when I blew a trailer tire on I81 north in VA last summer. 90 degree heat during day wasn't much fun. After repeated follow up calls to Good Sam they advised me to call VA STATE POLICE as they would come out and expedite service which was at my cost but reimbursable by Good Sam. When service truck came he asked if I was Good Sam Customer that called that afternoon. He was FIRST SERVICE PROVIDER CALLED BY GOOD SAM. They declined him because his rate was $250.00 to come out. I ended up paying this cost and was reimbursed by Good Sam. This is the reason I now have COACH NET! Nuff said?
Powellr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #7

I had to use Good Sam's last year on a Friday night about 9 pm 200 miles from home. I was able to speak to a customer service lady immediately. They had a repairman to me in about an hour. An electrical issue. Fixed on the spot and on my way. I was very satisfied with my Good Sam's experience.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
NELA

When we had our "TT full of smoke from the first use of the furnace" issue in Pigeon Forge last year, I called coach net while DH logged on here for help.

We didn't hear back from coach net for DAYS, in fact I found the voice mail on our *home* phone from them after we returned. Never did hear back from them via my cell phone which is the contact number I left with them.

This forum's members had us reassured as to the cause of the smoke within minutes. Coach net? not so much.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #9
NELA

So yeah, you get a free one year of Coach net with your purchase, and it's worth every penny you pay for it, IMO.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
When we had our "TT full of smoke from the first use of the furnace" issue in Pigeon Forge last year, I called coach net while DH logged on here for help.

We didn't hear back from coach net for DAYS, in fact I found the voice mail on our *home* phone from them after we returned. Never did hear back from them via my cell phone which is the contact number I left with them.

This forum's members had us reassured as to the cause of the smoke within minutes. Coach net? not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
So yeah, you get a free one year of Coach net with your purchase, and it's worth every penny you pay for it, IMO.

Weezer, the free year of Coach Net is their limited plan and doesn’t include the technical hotline service. You have to buy the upgrade for that. The free plan is a nice gesture on the part of Forest River but it is a very limited plan. There are good and bad stories on the Internet about both ERS companies but the truth is the service you receive is solely dependent on where you are when you need them and what company performs the service for them.

For those who own a trailer you need to make sure that whoever you are using for ERS will tow both the truck and the trailer if necessary. Both Good Sam and Coach Net will take care of both. I know this from experience. I’ve heard a couple horror stories of trailers being left on the highway because their ERS plan would only tow the truck.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #11

Chose good SAMs because they also cover my motorcycle and ever other car I drive. and now they have my extended warranty. Called Goodsams twice with TT flat at CG and truck at airport after trip. Response was good both times. Will stick until something changes.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #12

I just signed up for Goodsam this past weekend since the free year ended today. Paid $50 for the basic membership for a year. It was some promotion they had in store. When the 1 year extended from forest river i may look into thier extend warranty.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #13

On the extended warranty, GS will quote for 7 years. $$$' you can call and get a 4 year plan much cheaper with the option to renew. I liked this better and much easier on the wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #14

Any suggestions for an extended service warranty. We were looking at RV Elite+ or Good Sams. Your comments are appreciated.
Shortygc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #15

As far as roadside assistance, there are only so many tow trucks, and I am told that CoachNet and Good Sam, for the most part, use the same ones?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortygc View Post
Any suggestions for an extended service warranty. We were looking at RV Elite+ or Good Sams. Your comments are appreciated.
You Should also look at Cornerstone. That is who I have. Had FR for the first 2 years then Cornerstone kicked in for the next 5 years paid $1700 for 7 years. You will loose 2 years or 1 year if FR is covering it. But it's cheaper to buy when new. Long story short. Had my A/C go out 2 mos. after my FR was over. I took it in, the bill was $565.00 to repair. I paid my deductible they picked the rest up. They have a couple of different plans for coverage I got the bumper to bumper covers everything even slides. The repair place had a okay in 10 mins. to do the work. I think it's worth it. If 2 more things break in 5 years it will pay for itself. VERY GOOD COMPANY..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #17

I had GS for many years with good experiences for roadside assistance. With new trailer, I let GS lapse and used the free Coach Net. Didn't have to call them. When it expired, I went back to GS. I also have their Extended Warranty, I have never had to use it, but peace of mind is always there. I've been a GS member since I started RVing in 2004.