Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
Always Learnin'

Roadside assistance memberships

Coming up on the year anniversary of the original purchase date of our Rockwood Mini TT and received mailing on Coach-net road side assistance. Anybody have experiences with them , or others, to share?

Thanks
Bullgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There is a plethora of threads on this. Search for coachnet and a ton of threads will show up. Here are a few.

coachnet did good

road side assistance

coachnet vs good sams
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #3

Just curious...I have a separate insurance policy on my camper. To be honest, i've never read what it covers. Would it cover what some of these road side assitance plans cover?

On another note, my sister and BIL have a 5th wheeler without a separate insurance policy. Their agent told them it was covered by auto insurance while on road and home owners while parked at home.

thoughts???
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #4

What is it covered by while in the campground not connected to the TV?

You need separate coverage...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnut View Post
Just curious...I have a separate insurance policy on my camper. To be honest, i've never read what it covers. Would it cover what some of these road side assitance plans cover?

On another note, my sister and BIL have a 5th wheeler without a separate insurance policy. Their agent told them it was covered by auto insurance while on road and home owners while parked at home.

thoughts???
I only have comp and liability on my trailer, and as you stated, when towing it goes under my auto policy and when parked at home, the liability is on my home owners.
When parked somewhere else the comp covers the act's of god damage and liability in case someone falls down my stairs.
I carry a 1,000,000 umbrella policy on everything, so I am covered up to that amount. (big umbrella since we have a dog, you never know)
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #6

As for the roadside stuff.
Had coachnet but never used it. Had Good Sam's and they were great when I had to use them for a flat.
Just make sure you get a policy that will tow your trailer AND your TV to somewhere that can fix your unit.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullgould View Post
Coming up on the year anniversary of the original purchase date of our Rockwood Mini TT and received mailing on Coach-net road side assistance. Anybody have experiences with them , or others, to share?

Thanks
I have GS. When new I had a blow out, Coach net sent a guy in a car to repair my flat. when he got there after 1 1/2 hrs, he asked if I had a jack. If I had a jack I would have done it myself. Good Sams has a basic plan for 79.00 bucks, I got the better plan that will tow me or the trailer 100 miles plus my car's if your not camping. If your TV broke down they will haul that and pick up your unit and tow that also.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #8

If you have an RV that has only auto insurance when towed and homeowners when at your house, I would not feel covered. If your auto insurance was paying a claim, do they pay replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV)? If your RV is old and not worth much it may not matter. If it is financed then ACV could be an issue. You could owe a lot more then ACV. If I was only covered by homeowners a claim would be very limited, like 10% of the total homeowners policy. I my case that would only be about $5,000. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote