Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
We have CAA (AAA) and an satisfied with the service they supply. Ran out of gas on a long stretch of highway in northern Ont. Service truck was there within 20 mins. The second time had a bearing go while on the highway. Service was not as expected but found out afterwards they could not find a low equipment trailer to transport my trailer. Driver replaced bearing on side of road and followed me to a campsite. When I complained about not receiving a low flatbed trailer to move my TT received a years free service.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Mddle of the Rd Extremist
Originally Posted by Stg1 View Post
I've had Good Sam Roadside Assistance sine 2004 when I started RVing. Used them many times for the Trailer and TV and other vehicles I've owned. Good service every time.
Good Sams gets my vote. Went to leave CG in Virginia Beach and DW yelled at me that we had a flat tire when I raised the gear....sure enough, it was f.l.a.t. (she's very good!). Called GS Roadside Assist and they had somebody out within an hour. Turned out that we had a leaking valve stem which the tech tightened up and then aired up the tire. But he didn't stop there. He insisted on checking ALL the tires to make sure that they were properly inflated. He found two more valve stems that were loosening....

Dan, Carolyn & The Bandit (1999-2015 RIP...)
MCPO (Retired)
United States Navy ('65 - '87)
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
Called Good Sam last Sun. To tow my car. The tow person was very helpful, but it took 2hr to get to me. Too long.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #14
Tks all for your comments. Very interesting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Cardinal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #15
Good Sams, Locked my keys in the truck with it running, guy was there in 20 minutes and it took him 30 seconds to open it.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #16
4X. Good Sam.... Very reasonable rates

'07 WildCat 30 RLBS ~ West Coast Edition ~
Trail Air - Tri Glide Pin Box
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 Diesel Lariat 89k miles
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
Roadside Assistance Plan????

Good Sam. If you have a trailer in tow and break down, they tow it too. AAA told me they would not tow it was up to us to pay for the tow in. We tow regularly and refuse to leave the trailer on the side of the road.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Absnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
Good Sam's here also, had to use them once to line up a tow. No complaints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413942372.347458.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	65145
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #19
World Traveler Member
[QUOTE=Absnova;723372]Good Sam. If you have a trailer in tow and break down, they tow it too. AAA told me they would not tow it was up to us to pay for the tow in. We tow regularly and refuse to leave the trailer on the side of the road.

I got a new 2014 unit and upped my AAA to premier member and it includes towing the trailer with the car up to 200 miles.
abdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #20
Maybe the experts can comment. I have Good Sam insurance on the 2014 Flagstaff 5th wheel and the policy lists $750 of "Roadside Assistance".

Now my questions.

I am assuming this ONLY covers the 5th wheel? Yes?
Any roadside assistance required for the tow vehicle would not be covered by the Good Sam policy but may be covered my my truck insurance? Yes?
If any of you has exercised the roadside assistance part of the Good Sam RV coverage policy, is there a potential of Good Sam increasing the premium?

With the Good Sam RV policy, is Good Sam Roadside Assistance still a good idea? Please comment.

MartyQ is online now   Reply With Quote