Old 05-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #21
[QUOTE=mike.t;1186147]Not quite correct sir. They may not "tow" it however my daughter and her husband lost a wheel bearing on the trailer. AAA sent a flatbed and took it to CW for repairs.
Maybe because it was the trailer check your booklet .If it was your tv I bet they wouldn't tow the trailer.It happen to me twice .I file a claim against them they did pay for my tow job and gave me a free yr.Then I drop the RV part I still have them for towing I dont want to leave my toys a long the road

2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #22
This is a Ford/Chevy type of question. Some like Coach Net and some like Good Sam.
But like some as said, like insurance but good to have. I have had Good Sam since 1998 and used them twice with my motorhome. First time about 12 years ago, we were pulling a tow car about 250 miles, pulled into campground site. Unhooked tow car and no brakes on car. Like a dummy, I did not release the emergency brake all the way and burned emergency brake cable and needed a brake job. I called Good Sam. The tow truck was out within the hour and towed my car to a garage, no charge.
Second time, my MH was parked in drive way. I checked the air in tires. Inside rear had no air. I tried to pump up and would not accept air. Called Good Sam and tow truck was out in about 1 1/2 hour. tow driver had to take off both tires and fixed flat. Charged me $90 which I did not think was right but paid. I called Good Sam, sent paper work and letter explaining issue. Good Sam reimbursed me the $90.
So both times, my bad experience, but good experience with Good Sam. I continue to carry Good Sam although I received a free 1 year for Coach Net. Never used Coach Net and dropped them, after one year, to keep Good Sam because they can used for all my car, truck, travel trailer, and boat trailer for myself and wife. Coach Net would only cover TT and tow truck. When renewing they said extra for adding other vechicles which made them more expensive then Good Sam.

2015 Flagstaff 26VFKS
TV - 2014 F150 Crew Cab 5.0L
WDH - 1,200 Equalizer
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #23
Originally Posted by Tropiccafe View Post
Coach-net does have the edge. We did call Good sam first...Their response was they only tow within so many miles. I would have to pay the rest myself. Coach-net although took 17 hrs was willing to take me to an authorized repair facility that would honor my warranty. They towed me about 125 miles. Good Sam would only take me the nearest facility to make repairs warranty or not and within so many miles. I was a long way from a service ctr.
So they are both bad but Coach-net is not as bad as GS
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #24
We have Good Sam. The only time we used it was when I locked the keys in the truck. They sent help quickly, no problem.
Goat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #25
Coachnet. Used it 3 times in the first year we had the 5er. All 3 for flat tires. They were very good and quick. They must have a large network.
bplantcjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #26
I have GEICO. Cost is $10 for 6 months. I broke down on the freewy south of Phoenix and GEICO sent a wrecker within an hour, (big one) and towed us to a repair shop 55 miles away. Did not pay one penny and did not increase my insurance rates.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #27
Global Nomad
Coach Net or Good Sam

Because my 5th wheel is new, it came with Coach Net. I did join Good Sam and have that coverage also. Had a problem with my truck. AAA would only handle the truck because I did not have RV coverage with them. No problem. Called Good Sam and was on hold for over 2 hours, then because of the time of day (night) could not help me. In mean time called Coach Net, and they were very attentive to my situation. Next year, when time to renew, it is Coach Net.
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #28
We have had GS Roadside Service 8 yrs, renewed yesterday. It's the only service we have had. during that time we have had 4 class As, and a 5er. Never used the service for the 6 mos we had the 5er. We have used it on 3 of the 4 class As. We have only had the 4th rig 2 mos.
Every time we called GS we received service, once being a broken door lock, part of the problem was that the rig was on a military base. GS found a repair service that was cleared by security to come on base, on a Sunday afternoon. So I am a fan.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #29
We have been using GS roadside assistance since we began camping 11 yrs ago. Have only had to use it once(Thankfully). We had a flat tire upon arrival at a campground in Upper Michigan. Called Good Sam and with the help of Campground owner had assistance in 30 minutes. Very happy with Good Sam Roadside assistance.
rhughsless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #30
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
I joined FROG & saw becoming a member would get me a free year to CN.

I have not heard of that before.

2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is online now   Reply With Quote