Old 05-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
Roadside Assistance - Who to go with please!

Hi All,

Since entering the RV world...I've had some freebies that came with units, along with being somewhat double covered by AAA thru a previous employer. Come June 10th....all freebies will have ended, and AAA expired in March due to a job we're looking at starting anew.

From my research, it looks like AAA is not only expensive with the RV Coverage, but not as RV Friendly as Good Sam and Coach-Net. GS and CN seem to be around the same price annually, except GS runs nice discounts (or at least currently is) for signing up ($30ish).

I'm looking for recommendations that will cover our 2 vehicles plus our Travel Trailer for towing and flats and won't break the bank every year. Who has done the best job for you at the best price level?

I don't want to be in a position that I say...gosh, if I had X insurance, things would be much different. However, I don't want/can't just flush money away to make sure EVERY possible thing is covered. Guess thats what sucks about insurance.....its the "In Case *$&# happens" scenarios.

2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Old Enough to Know Better
You will get multiple opinions on here, But I have Good Sam and have been happy with it.

Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? 2015 F350 6.2L CCLB DRW 4.30 axle. 2012 Yellowstone Ridgeline 34RLT Fifth Wheel
gasman6674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Coach Net

Have used them and no complaints.
2OLDDIGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
AAA Premier covers travel trailers but not boat or ATV trailers. Good Sam does.
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man"Calvin Coolidge
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #5
It's a crap shoot as to which company you have and where you are when you need the service. Some services will do "A" while another won't. And it depends on which company is dispatched to your site as to what services they will perform. Some wrecker services will change an inside dual tire, some won't.
Even the company you go with won't be able to give you an exact answer simply because the responding service in Iowa is going to be different than one in Ga.
If you can afford it go with two separate plans. I have AAA premium and Good Sam Platinum. Total cost is around $260 a year. Too me, cheap enough for some piece of mind. And, I still carry my own spare tire/rim, bottle jacj, and impact wrench, and a compressor to change my own flat.
Just a matter of how prepared you are, or want to be.
Steve & Cheryl + Charlie & Casey, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Camping trips this year so far...8
Days camping...75
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #6
I have Good Sam and coach-net, maybe one will work out

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
We joined GS just as members. Did not get any roadside assist, etc. Membership was $25/yr. Feel we'll more than recoup that with discounts.
The good reviews for CN got me to get their $79/yr plan. Then a couple weeks later, I joined FROG & saw becoming a member would get me a free year to CN. But that ship had already sailed. Wish I'd joined FROG first.

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #8
i have good sams and have had to use it in the past worked for me
locogk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #9
We have Good Sam Platinum+. Although they no longer offer the "+" policy (I believe we lucked into this one when we bought our first MH from Camping World) and have kept it renewed since. We've had to use it twice and have been perfectly pleased with the service and punctually we received. Can't comment on Coach-Net personally. My brother carries Coach-Net but is shopping for another plan but one would think if he was pleased with their service, he would continue with them.
Sloopie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #10
We havd had Good Sam for many years and can say they have been terrific whdn you need help. The call takers have always been extremely caring, helpful and knowledgeable. They have gone above and beyond even when it was an issue not related to a covered item. It covers all my vehicles, trailers and motorcycle. The cost keeps going up but is still well worth the peace of mind.

OKpete is offline   Reply With Quote