Old 08-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Rockwood 8289ws

Rough ride in truck
Just bought a new 2014 Rockwood 8289ws and pull it with an '06 chev 3/4 ton diesel. The payload specs and tow are well within allowable limits but the ride in the truck is uncomfortable. The trailer and truck combo handle very well and the trailer itself appears to ride smoothly. The problem is when the trailer goes over any break in the pavement it causes a slight jarring in the truck. At first it isn't very noticeable but after an hour you have to take a break.
I've towed many 5th wheel trailers and a couple with this truck also with never a problem. This is the first one that's had a torq suspension system though and I'm wondering if that's the cause? I talked to the engineering department with Dexter about this system and was informed that a problem can arise if the trailer isn't loaded or designed to accommodate this suspension system.
Any discussion to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodellis View Post
Rough ride in truck
Just bought a new 2014 Rockwood 8289ws and pull it with an '06 chev 3/4 ton diesel. The payload specs and tow are well within allowable limits but the ride in the truck is uncomfortable. The trailer and truck combo handle very well and the trailer itself appears to ride smoothly. The problem is when the trailer goes over any break in the pavement it causes a slight jarring in the truck. At first it isn't very noticeable but after an hour you have to take a break.
I've towed many 5th wheel trailers and a couple with this truck also with never a problem. This is the first one that's had a torq suspension system though and I'm wondering if that's the cause? I talked to the engineering department with Dexter about this system and was informed that a problem can arise if the trailer isn't loaded or designed to accommodate this suspension system.
Any discussion to resolve this issue would be appreciated.
Gljurczyk, has the answer to this.

Tags
rockwood