Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Rockwood 8310SS/Flagstaff 831RKBSS

We have been looking at TT's and are thinking about the Rockwood 8310SS/Flagstaff831RKBSS. We have concerns noticing the dry hitch weight is listed at 570 pounds, with the gvwr of the trailer at 8450 pounds (at 34 ft 9in). I know once the unit is loaded, the propane tanks are filled, and it has an added second a/c above the bedroom, the hitch weight will increase. I only wonder if it will be balanced enough that it will be an easy tow. I have dealt with sway, especially in the windy spring months. I don't enjoy white knuckle driving, and don't want a setup that will always have problems with sway, even on the best travel days. Does anyone have experience or know much about these units?

We changed to a Reese Dual Cam WD and that works well on our current Flagstaff 26RLSS. Our TV is a 2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost 3.55 (tow wt max 9800 and have 1100 pounds of payload weight unused) We load about 600 pounds of cargo and drive with a very low fresh tank, so I know we won't be close to the 8450 GVWR

We were looking at 5th wheels, but are not ready to upgrade both TV and trailer at this time. We definitely want more room and the upgrades that the larger trailer offers. Thanks.
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote