With your refer unit, it's sounds like you either lost the 12 volt DC supply to the unit or you have a bad control module. I'm not sure exactly what model you have but most units require 12volt DC to work on both electric and propane functions. Without it, the unit does nothing. Check all fuses. Could be a short. If you have a cluster of wires under the slide, check for any that maybe pinched. If you have an access panel to the back of the refer unit, check the main 12 volt supply to the unit with a test light. If there is 12volts present to the control board at the back of the refer unit, you may have a faulty control board that needs replacing. If your refer unit does not use 12 volts and only uses 120 volts AC, then check the plug and the outlet. Could just be loose.