Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #1

Rockwood bedroom slides

My new Rockwood travel trailer has two slides on it and one of the slides keep blowing the fuse
Rkluge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #2

Rockwood refrigerator

I had my Rockwood travel trailer in my driveway with the refridare on and the light started to flash and the light inside quit working would not cool the trailer was on a incline could that be the problem I did moved the trailer on the street were it was flat and it still does not work.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #3

Is it the fuse that powers the slide motor or a fuse that powers accessories within the slide (like lights) ? Possible motor failure? You may just need to lube the tracks and gear packs if you have them on the slide. Lube and treat the slide sweep seals too. Any excessive resistance will cause stress to the motor no matter if it electric or hydronic driven. Also, many slides have a cluster of wires that are hung on a guide under the slide. These wires can get pinched and cause blown fuses. These wires usually power accessories in that slide. On time I found bad slide out power switch caused the fuse to blow. Could even be a loose or exposed wire connection at the switch , slide motor or fuse panel.
OneRoomShed Trailer Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 PM   #4

Slides

It was the fuse for the slide under the frame by the Battery
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #5

With your refer unit, it's sounds like you either lost the 12 volt DC supply to the unit or you have a bad control module. I'm not sure exactly what model you have but most units require 12volt DC to work on both electric and propane functions. Without it, the unit does nothing. Check all fuses. Could be a short. If you have a cluster of wires under the slide, check for any that maybe pinched. If you have an access panel to the back of the refer unit, check the main 12 volt supply to the unit with a test light. If there is 12volts present to the control board at the back of the refer unit, you may have a faulty control board that needs replacing. If your refer unit does not use 12 volts and only uses 120 volts AC, then check the plug and the outlet. Could just be loose.
OneRoomShed Trailer Tech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, rockwood, roo, slide, slide out