Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #1

Rockwood Roo 19L- opinions?

We are looking at purchasing the Rockwood Roo 19L- the toyhauler. We will be pulling it with a Ford Expidition. We live in Colorado- so much of our travel will be in the mountains. We can't find a dealer with this model in stock- will have to order it without seeing it. Does anyone have this model that could tell me your opinion? It will be our first camper- so we need all the advise we can get! Thanks!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
We are looking at purchasing the Rockwood Roo 19L- the toyhauler. We will be pulling it with a Ford Expidition. We live in Colorado- so much of our travel will be in the mountains. We can't find a dealer with this model in stock- will have to order it without seeing it. Does anyone have this model that could tell me your opinion? It will be our first camper- so we need all the advise we can get! Thanks!
the Roo is a hybrid, also called an expandable. there are a lot of Roo 19 owners out there. the 19L is a new floorplan. it's the same as the 19, just with the cargo deck.
there should be some Roo 19 owners on the Expandable section here. also, there is a large Roo community that posts on the Hybrid Forum on RV.net.
i know there are some Colorado Roo owners around. the Shamrock is the same as the Roo, just different decals and fabric patterns. you might find a Shamrock dealer in your area. try to find any Roo/Shamrock to see how they are put together.
i seem to remember, though, that a person in Colorado wanted the 21SSL and ended up driving to Des Moines, Iowa to pick it up. they bought it from RVDirect.
check them and RVWholesalers for prices.

i had to drive from Calif. to Chicago to get a good price on my Roo 23SS.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Team

i found a new Roo 233S and a 21SSL on the Denver Craig's List. it didn't show the dealer's name but i got the contact person's name and number. maybe they have the 19L or you could go look at the 21SSL to get an idea:

CONTACT TOM@ 303.549.5056

there is another number listed. just put in Rockwood on the Denver Craig's List search.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #4

Another good low price Roo dealer is allseasons rv, call Mark at 801 430 1921 , we purchased our Puma there and they had the Roo in stock.
[?] is their web site. Hope you get the rv your looking for!
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote