Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #1

Rockwood Roo bunkend screens/windows

We just upgraded from a popup to a 2011 Rockwood Roo in the Spring of this year. We have enjoyed the few trips we were able to take this year and really like our new Roo.

One thing that I would like to upgrade/replace/investigate are the bunkend screens/windows. In our popup, on most of the windows, we had a smoked vinyl window, that you could zip open to reveal the screen. I would love to have this on my Roo. Has anyone else thought of this, fixed it, replaced it, investigated it, want it, need it???????
edhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Team

in 6 years of being on hybrid forums, this is the first time i've read about someone wanting to do this.
never have seen anything like this done. you'd have to have a canvas shop do this kind of mod.

one reason is that the bunk end windows are an emergency exit. i had two popups and none of the bed ends have the smoked vinyl windows in them. only the main living area had that as part of the "walls".
having an extra layer would make evacuating more difficult. you'd have to unzip three layers, instead of two.

just so you know, there's a Roo section under "Expandables/Hybrids". you should post hybrid related questions there.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote