Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
New to RV's, not camping

Rockwood Storm Windows

Does anyone have the storm windows for the Rockwood? I live up in the Northeast and plan to use my camper into the colder months, so I ordered the storm windows on the Rockwood 8317ss. The salesman showed me a double pane window on a motor home and said they would be the same as he did not have anything on the lot with storm windows except the motorhome. I read somewhere else that they were separate windows that you snapped in and out from the inside, but I don't know if these were even Forest River windows. The ones he showed me weren't truly double pane, as they were open on one end, but they were molded together so that you did not remove them. Does anyone else have have the Forest River or Rockwood storm windows, and how do you like them?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer777 View Post
Does anyone have the storm windows for the Rockwood? I live up in the Northeast and plan to use my camper into the colder months, so I ordered the storm windows on the Rockwood 8317ss. The salesman showed me a double pane window on a motor home and said they would be the same as he did not have anything on the lot with storm windows except the motorhome. I read somewhere else that they were separate windows that you snapped in and out from the inside, but I don't know if these were even Forest River windows. The ones he showed me weren't truly double pane, as they were open on one end, but they were molded together so that you did not remove them. Does anyone else have have the Forest River or Rockwood storm windows, and how do you like them?

Thanks,

Tom
First of all Tom, FR and the other companies out there do not make the windows, they come from another manufacturer and are the same on all RVs. We have the double pane windows on the motorhome and they are true double pane meaning 2 panes of glass with a dead air space (albiet very small compared to home windows for obvious reasons) in between. I can tell a big difference in the amount to cold air transfer compared to our old Fleetwood with the single pane windows. Also much less problems with condensation on the windows. Now only tend to get it on the front windshield which isn't dual pane. For camping in cold or hot temps they are much better than single pane windows. I think you will be pleased with your choice to order them.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
New to RV's, not camping

Wow, that's great news! I was impressed with what I saw on the motor home example he showed me, but just wanted to confirm. I think the term "storm windows" is not a good description. When I saw them, I instantly came to the same conclusion that you just made in that they will work on hot days as well to keep the unit cooler as well. I just didn't want to get my hopes up if that was not what I was getting.

Thanks,

Tom