Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #1

Rockwood vs Flagstaff ??

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Model 8310SS Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite http://www.vermontcountrycampers.com/rv/east+montpelier+vt/forestriver+traveltrailer/5389/forest+river+rockwood+signature+ultra+lite+8311ss

And the Model 831RKBSS Flagstaff Classic Super
http://www.boatsandcycles.com/rvs-for-sale/2015-forest-river-forest-river-flagstaff-flagstaff-classic-super-lite-831rkbss-36456.asp
Both of these trailers are made by Forest River and was wondering pro’s or con’s on each brand ???

Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Flagstaff and Rockwood are really the same. I've heard they even are produced in the same building (but don' take that as gospel).

If you look at the lines, they basically match RV for RV. The differences are just usually color schemes inside and out.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Travel...age=floorplans

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Travel...age=floorplans

FR does this in order to offer competing dealers a different name, but in essence the same trailer. You can have a Rockwood dealer on one side of the street and a Flagstaff on the other.

Once you pick the floor plan you like, then shop it around in both brands and find the dealer with the best price and service.

I was able to find a flagstaff dealer who beat the rockwood dealer by a few thousand.....thus I got the Flagstaff 831 RLBSS instead of the Rockwood 8314BSS

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #3

At the Goshen rally last year, we took the Flagstaff factory tour and were thrilled to see they were finishing up a Flagstaff V Lite, which is what we have. The next trailer on the line was a Rockwood trailer, so we saw they really are built in the same buildings and on the same line. The factory representative who was giving the tour told us we came as they were changing the line for the next several trailers, and would build several of the new Rockwoods before changing back to Flagstaff. I don't know if they were changing floor plans or just Flagstaff V Lite to Rockwood Windjammer, which consisted of different wall panels (graphic patterns and decals) but the same floor plan.

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #4

Mfg. in the SAME Building! The only real difference is (Dealers and Decals)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
...You can have a Rockwood dealer on one side of the street and a Flagstaff on the other.
You're the lucky one! I've got one brand in town and the other many miles away. I guess the question is how many dollars is my travel time worth.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #6

I have a Rockwood 8310.
It was our first summer and we just love it.
Great floor plan ,lots of storage.
Don't let anyone talk you out of buying a rear kitchen if this is what you like.
No problem at all and nothing broken either.
The only downside , is the fridge being blocked when the slides are in and the bathroom a little tight compare to our last Rockwood 2604.
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Mfg. in the SAME Building! The only real difference is (Dealers and Decals)! Youroo!!
Sorry but I have to highjack the thread just for a moment. Youroo why aren't you doing your scouting for the season, I'm tired of SPAM....... Please forgive me moderators. To the OP it's the same as a Rockwood, with different floor plans only, not much difference except the floor plans and decals they run them off the same line. They try to change weekly. But remember the R/F plant has to produce 35 units a day. no matter of what model # or being the Rockwood Line or the Flagstaff Line. Now tell me simple math say's they sell one hell of a lot of them. Then check complaints not much from that division of FR. The only difference that I have seen was that Flagstaff has more bells and whistles it seems to me, but mostly the same. Just different packages and layouts offered.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
You can have a Rockwood dealer on one side of the street and a Flagstaff on the other.

Once you pick the floor plan you like, then shop it around in both brands and find the dealer with the best price and service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbconway View Post
You're the lucky one! I've got one brand in town and the other many miles away. I guess the question is how many dollars is my travel time worth.
I believe the dealers on opposite sides of the street was stated as a hypothetical possibility.

Picking floor plan and then shopping for best deal between Windjammer dealer and V-Lite dealer was exactly what I did. Closest Windjammer dealer was 60 miles from me and closest V-Lite dealer was 90 miles. Fortunately the deal worked at the Windjammer dealer.

Note to wmtire: Chewbacca
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Flagstaff owners over improve their rigs with too many mods!! 😄
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #10

When I bought I looked at the Flagstaff 26KFWS and the Rockwood 2608ws only difference I saw was the name. Were at the same dealer.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #11
Senior Gold Member

We love our Flagstaff super lite 26FKWS after downsizing from 33' Chaparrel, a great functional layout for 2 people on a smaller foot print. When in doubt, go with a dealership you can trust and work with, it makes life so much better.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:55 AM   #12
ARLO

The Flagstaff Superlite and Rockrood signature lite are made in the same plant. We have visited it twice and were impressed by the operation. We had a few minor problems and one large one with our 829fkss and Flagstaff and my dealer were both very responsive.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #13

The floor plans are identical, the only differences are interior colors (each have 3) and exterior decals. So pick the interior colors that you like the best and get that one.
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, rockwood