Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #21

That's awesome! I wish we were getting ours this Saturday!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #22

Been camping in the new trailer for a week now. LOVE the Cherry interior and Charleston Interior. Could not have made a better choice in our opinion. Very rich, elegant and does not feel smaller at all.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #23

We just ordered one with the cherry. I also updated the appliances to stainless. should look good and help down the line with resale when it is time for the class A pusher.
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #24

We have the tuscan cream and we like it. And the nice thing is the floor wood look. You can only get this nice floor with the tuscan cream. I understand that it looks a bit old fashion but this is the way some people likes. Only one thing We repainted all the inside of the doors with an identical custom paint. I found that the inside could use another coat of paint and it is the case with all the tuscan doors. Not enough paint inside and the staples holes need to be filled with plastic wood and a top coat of paint is needed. Like that they looks beautiful.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
We have the tuscan cream and we like it. And the nice thing is the floor wood look. You can only get this nice floor with the tuscan cream. I understand that it looks a bit old fashion but this is the way some people likes. Only one thing We repainted all the inside of the doors with an identical custom paint. I found that the inside could use another coat of paint and it is the case with all the tuscan doors. Not enough paint inside and the staples holes need to be filled with plastic wood and a top coat of paint is needed. Like that they looks beautiful.
You repainted the interior or just "small sections of it"? Seems like a bad choice of color if you had to do this. I can say, even though we were nervous that the cherry was going to be too dark that we love it and am so glad we got it. Matched with the Charleton interior it is perfect.
We saw the Tuscan Cream and although lighter it does not offer the same high quality appeal as the cherry or oak IMO.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
your statement on the wood look floor with the tuscan cream isnt correct - you can order it by itself but you have to ask for it and it is an extra charge - I know this cause I got the Oak cabinetry with the wood look floor

My mother painted her house cabinets with this paint called cabinet renew or something specific for cabinets in white and the paint was like nails and turned out real good - is this the paint you used?
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #27

We were leaning towards the cherry THEN we decided we had to have the woodgrain vinyl flooring and it was only available on our Flagstaff with the Tuscan Creme cabinets (throughout - no mix with cherry). Well...we have our unit after waiting six months it was delivered the first of April and we LOVE it. The quality is awesome and rich looking, the lighter color is brighter and we get so many compliments on it! It is perfect with the woodgrain flooring! The cherry is rich but it is DARK!
2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Ford Expedition /Hensley Arrow Hitch
2011 Camping Days: 93 (thru 12/31)
debron911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #28

"We were leaning towards the cherry THEN we decided we had to have the woodgrain vinyl flooring and it was only available on our Flagstaff with the Tuscan Creme cabinets"
===============================
I think your dealer may have misinformed you, as it was an option on ours. We didn't get it, as we preferred the tile look.
The cherry cabinets are dark, but the atrium windows more than make up for it!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #29

we ordered our 2011 windjammer 3008w with the cherry cabinets and wood look floor through out the camper, even in the bedroom. we also got the atrium slide and it is very nice looking.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #30

Woodgrain Flooring Option

The Forest River brochures say you can only get the wood-grain floor with the Tuscan Cream. Don't believe it. I ordered my 831FKBSS with the cherry wood, wood-grain flooring & minimal carpet option. (I ordered at an RV show, and talked the FR Rep into throwing the wood-grain in for nothing!)

Just saw it at the dealer today, and it looks great! (If I do say so myself.) Pickup is scheduled for next weekend.

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
Wanna Be Camper

They never charged us for the wood grain floor with our Cherry & cinnamon interior. We asked if we could have it and it showed up exactly as we ordered it over the phone.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #32

I can understand that if you order your trailer from the factory they will change the floor for the wood look vinyl but if you pick up your trailer from the dealer lot you will certainly have no choice on this special choice, and this special choice will cost you something extra on your wallet. I see that many peoples dont like the tuscan cream and for sure it is not for everyone. The tuscan cream is an antique finish choice and even if some peoples dont like it many rv'ers like this option. The proof is this choice has been on the catalog for many years and they still offer this choice. I repainted all the back of my doors because I am very picky. With this light colour you can see more of the staples that they used for assembly. With the darker colour you dont see them too much but the staples are used on all combinations of colour. It took me a few hours to fill these indentations from the staples and recoat with the exact match paint and they look super. The tuscan cream gives you a much brighter interior. I am sending with this tread a few pictures of the job on the doors. The face has not been touched. Only the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06499.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5526   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06500.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5527  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #33
Wanna Be Camper

The bottom line, different strokes for different folks. If everyone liked the same thing this would be a pretty boring place to live. We happen to like dark colors, case in example our red kitchen with black cupboards and island. Alot of people hate it and as many like it but we don't care it is what we chose and we like. So to all those who like the Tuscan Cream a big and enjoy a great summer of camping.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #34
Site Team

Thanks for sharing the pictures. From what I saw in the pictures I like it and it seems to give off a comfortable & warm impression. I can also relate to those opinions about the darker finish looking richer - they usually do. I have gone several wood finishes preference through the years so I can appreciate the differences each offer as time goes on.

I love seeing how everyone has made their trailer personalized. And then when I go back to my trailer and go inside I think of "Home", my home.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #35

One small thing I forgot to mention with my tread is this floor matches perfectly the tuscan cream antique because this floor pattern is circa 1920. The wood is supposed to ressemble a tinted pine floor from the early century with cracks in it etc......
Old 05-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #36

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Capucine.........We ordered our Windjammer 3065 w/Tuscan Cream Interior. I had up to that point only run into the darker interiors and a few White/White interiors. The DW and I saw this interior in another FV product and fell in love with it! So we were reall happy to see it offered in the Rockwood line(we did order ours) As you say its,not for everyone, but the few that have looked at our interior have made a comment about wishing the could have had the choice when buy thier campers, dont know if they were pulling our legs, but it sure seemed they liked it, and a few had there camping neighbor's come over and ask to look at it.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #37

we bought a 8319ss with the cherry/sage it was an early 2011 model and the GF liked that color combo the best. I liked the cherry/tuscan but I'm a guy so WTH do I know
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8312ss