Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
Wanna Be Camper

They never charged us for the wood grain floor with our Cherry & cinnamon interior. We asked if we could have it and it showed up exactly as we ordered it over the phone.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #32

I can understand that if you order your trailer from the factory they will change the floor for the wood look vinyl but if you pick up your trailer from the dealer lot you will certainly have no choice on this special choice, and this special choice will cost you something extra on your wallet. I see that many peoples dont like the tuscan cream and for sure it is not for everyone. The tuscan cream is an antique finish choice and even if some peoples dont like it many rv'ers like this option. The proof is this choice has been on the catalog for many years and they still offer this choice. I repainted all the back of my doors because I am very picky. With this light colour you can see more of the staples that they used for assembly. With the darker colour you dont see them too much but the staples are used on all combinations of colour. It took me a few hours to fill these indentations from the staples and recoat with the exact match paint and they look super. The tuscan cream gives you a much brighter interior. I am sending with this tread a few pictures of the job on the doors. The face has not been touched. Only the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06499.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5526   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06500.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5527  

Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #33
Wanna Be Camper

The bottom line, different strokes for different folks. If everyone liked the same thing this would be a pretty boring place to live. We happen to like dark colors, case in example our red kitchen with black cupboards and island. Alot of people hate it and as many like it but we don't care it is what we chose and we like. So to all those who like the Tuscan Cream a big and enjoy a great summer of camping.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #34
Site Team

Thanks for sharing the pictures. From what I saw in the pictures I like it and it seems to give off a comfortable & warm impression. I can also relate to those opinions about the darker finish looking richer - they usually do. I have gone several wood finishes preference through the years so I can appreciate the differences each offer as time goes on.

I love seeing how everyone has made their trailer personalized. And then when I go back to my trailer and go inside I think of "Home", my home.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #35

One small thing I forgot to mention with my tread is this floor matches perfectly the tuscan cream antique because this floor pattern is circa 1920. The wood is supposed to ressemble a tinted pine floor from the early century with cracks in it etc......
Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #36

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Capucine.........We ordered our Windjammer 3065 w/Tuscan Cream Interior. I had up to that point only run into the darker interiors and a few White/White interiors. The DW and I saw this interior in another FV product and fell in love with it! So we were reall happy to see it offered in the Rockwood line(we did order ours) As you say its,not for everyone, but the few that have looked at our interior have made a comment about wishing the could have had the choice when buy thier campers, dont know if they were pulling our legs, but it sure seemed they liked it, and a few had there camping neighbor's come over and ask to look at it.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #37

we bought a 8319ss with the cherry/sage it was an early 2011 model and the GF liked that color combo the best. I liked the cherry/tuscan but I'm a guy so WTH do I know

Tags
8312ss