Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #1

Question ROO 21SS Dry Weight up 800lbs

Looking at the roo 21ss and noticed that the weight has gone up almost 800 lbs. Can anyone tell me why this is. I don't notice any changes to the options which would now be standard equipment. Any help would be appreciated. (I don't want to go over my towing capacity)

pherse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #2

Six inches wider this model year......................6" wider = 119,750.4 cu inch

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Six inches wider this model year......................6" wider = 119,750.4 cu inch
Nope, the 6Ē increased width (7.5í to 8.0í) didnít make it tip the scales an additional ~800 lbs like the í07 and í08 brochures might indicate. First off, if you take an Ď07 21SS published UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight) of 3,498 lbs and divide it in 6Ē segments of width, youíll find that each Ĺ foot of width equals about 233 lbs. But remember, just the shell of the camper got bigger, the contents inside havenít. The appliances, cabinets and such really didnít change much so the increase in weight is probably even less.

The í07 21SS UVW in the brochure says 3,498 lbs, but thatís without options, like the awning, microwave & AC. An actual weight sticker on a í07 21SS Iíve seen is 4,242 lbs. with options. That suggests 744 lbs. increased weight in options.

I believe the published weights in the brochure for the í08 Roos now include some/common options. Check the actual weight sticker on an í08, 8 foot wide unit and see.
Leaf-Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #4

pherse11,

6" wider means Six more inches of width to the Floor, Roof, Rear Bumper, Frame supports, Front wall & Rear wall.
All of these consist of Steel, Aluminum, Luan & Insulation, and all add to the extra weight.

Not to leave out the added length of the front and rear overhead storage cabinets. I'm sure it's not much, but it does add to the extra weight.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote