Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

Roof Maintenance

My travel trailer is vintage 2012. No roof leaks , laminations, tears or anything except its 4+ years old.
Has anyone got a RV ArmorŪ installed on their RV roof? Is it any good and is it a lifetime solution for my roof?
blasingames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
Carknocker Family

I had never heard of it. But looking at their website, if it will do all they say and lifetime warranty.

I will be watching to see if anyone has used it.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #3

Our wildwood x-lite is 4 years old and I'm thinking we should do some roof maintenance too. Hopefully someone will have some suggestions!

2014 Wildwood x-lite 185br
towed by 2013 Ram 1500
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

I am as well very interested in what is said about this since mine is 2012 as well and have had one issue so far.

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #5

Why worry about it at this point? I had 10 years on my last park trailer with a rubber roof. Sat outside year around. Seldom washed it. Touched up the caulk every year. That's it. Every time you scrub it you scrub off some of the wear layer. Mine was in very good condition when I sold it and I'm sure it would go another 10 years with minimal care. Pretty doubtful you will keep your trailer for your lifetime..
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasingames View Post
My travel trailer is vintage 2012. No roof leaks , laminations, tears or anything except its 4+ years old.
Has anyone got a RV ArmorŪ installed on their RV roof? Is it any good and is it a lifetime solution for my roof?
My repair company which is private not a dealer of FR, uses that Armor roof when they have to do a replacement, For one they told me it comes in a wider piece which gives them better sealing at the edges. really a lifetime warranty only means that the roof won't split and cause a leak. Most roofs that have to be replaced are because of wholes being put in by branches the warranty would not cover that. The roof FR puts on comes with a 10 year non defect warranty. So i would say that it's really not that much better and it will cost more. If you use the recommended cleaner and a soft brush to clean it and then put the sealer on you shouldn't have a problem but anything can happen. That's about all I have heard of the product. If your present roof gets a whole or splits it would be cover by the 10 year warranty you have now unless like I said it happen from something hitting it. I haven't but maybe someone else has, if any other manufacturer changed to this product? With nature there is no lifetime solutions.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, roo, roof