Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #1

Routes

I'm going to take a trip from Ohio to central Florida..trying to decide on taking 75 or 77...one has Atlanta..the other has the turnpike..about a half hour faster taking 75..I went through Atlanta about a month ago and the traffic was crazy..I have a 35 foot TT..any thoughts?
harpman0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #2

I have taken 75 all the way on more than one occasion. Nice road, lots of services, just time your arrival in Atlanta correctly and it is a great route.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #3

I drive from Central Florida to western NC often pulling a 37' 5th wheel. Time Atlanta between 10AM and 2PM or before 6AM in the morning and unless someone did something stupid you will have no problems. Do not take the bypass. I found it to be more harrowing than right thru downtown. All the 18 wheelers go that route.

I also jump into the HOV lane since there are usually at least 2 of us in the TV.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote