Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #31
Site Team - Lou

Lol

I think I am both!

I am sure ladywendolyn never realized the "Firestorm" she was stiring up.

Oh My GOD

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ling-6779.html

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #32

Something I learn this morning when one of my co-workers came in, he showed me a pic of one of his best friends on his cell phone, the pic showed a face of a young man with second degree burns which covered his entire face from a propane gas grill explosion that happen two days ago.
This is what had happen:
The young man lit the grill as he always did, once he had a flame he closed the lid, he came back about 5 mins later and open the lid to the grill and found that the flame went out mean while the young man and his wife got into it about something or another so at this point he was not thinking....now remember he walked away from the grill for about 5 mins there was no flame the gas was on and the lid was closed....so now after he open the lid fired up the grill again the next thing he knew he saw the flames from the grill surround him and then the explosion happen and that blew him back about 7 feet and on fire and his wife and two young kids were not far from him but untouched. His life has change from that day forward, so please everyone be careful and pay attention and know something about what you are handling....

Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #33
Site Team - Lou

Unhappy Fire Story

When we still had Howard AFB in Panama our Intel Sergeant was tasked to burn some secret Comm codes. Every month the code books had to be destroyed. At home we used a big crusher grinder to turn them into paper powder.

Burning secrets is a two person operation. One to sign the destruction and one to witness.

We had a large BBQ area behind our operations building with a cement block BBQ that they were going to use to destroy the secrets. They piled the books up and doused them with gasoline.

Now at Howard it is typically "Hot and Humid" all year long. This day it was particularly hot and 98% humidity.

The Sergeant told his helper to "Stand way back" and tried to strike a match and throw it onto the books.

The several matches were very damp and would not light. Finally, no more than 5 minutes from dousing the books with gas, one finally sparked. Neither of them could say if the match even lit.

The spark was enough to detonate the vapors from the pile of books.

The Airman got his hair singed but the Sergeant wound up in the hospital for 3 months and is still scarred for life.

True Story

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote