Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #21

I just set mine on the floor next to the bed in my camper. The rv dealer says he has mounted electric outlets under the bed and drilled holes to accommodate the hoses in the side of the bed support. It seemed like a pain to fill the humidifier to me but if your cramped for space it could be a solution. I also looked at several campers and the closet was next to the bed and you could have put it inside of there. My old Jayco had large nightstands next to the bed to put it on. Most of the rv next to the bed shelves (I won't call them nightstands) will not fit my bi-pap machine.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #22

I have been concerned about "dry camping" with my cpap (although we don't plan on dry camping very ofter). Our new RV does have a 12-volt adapter in the unit, so this is how I plan on running my cpap at night, without the humidifier, when dry camping. Although I am concerned about running out of battery power during the night, so we are considering adding an additional battery just for this use. Any thoughts on battery consumption?

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #23
Site Team - Lou

I put an inverter fed outlet next to the DW's side of the bed for her machine. Our 150AH (2x75AH Deka DC-24's) have plenty enough for all night; even with the heater on.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #24
Long time camper.

Webetop multi function power generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrat View Post
This is interesting given that I too am tethered to one of those things. It's been an issue with the boat and suspected will also be with a camper. What are you using for a battery bank to support the CPAP and heater for a night n1joh?
I have used my 155 wh 100 w battery with my CPAP in many a Walmart parking lot. It is capable of delivering 120 v but I purchased a 12v cord for my resmed CPAP.

Samtummo
samTummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by samTummo View Post
I have used my 155 wh 100 w battery with my CPAP in many a Walmart parking lot. It is capable of delivering 120 v but I purchased a 12v cord for my resmed CPAP.

Samtummo
The thread you replied to is almost 8 years old and the person you quoted hasn't been active since 2012.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The thread you replied to is almost 8 years old and the person you quoted hasn't been active since 2012.

Who really cares? People who don't use CPAP likely will not click on it anyway. Why so quick to belittle?

I use a CPAP, read the whole thread, and enjoyed it, got some good information on some things that I was unaware of in the 5-6 years I've been using CPAP. The information is pretty much timeless.

Didn't even notice that it was an old thread until you had to make a big deal out of it and point it out.

Thanks samTummo for resurrecting some good information. It helped me, surely it will help other newbies here on the site that are new to RVing with CPAP.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #27
Long time camper.

My thoughts exactally

Thank you for your thank you. If FRF didn’t want me to reply why didn’t they delete the string? I found the string and so did my supporter.

Good day, I think it was a moderator as well.

SamTummo
samTummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:56 AM   #28

I realize this post is several years old but this may help someone. We picked up our 2020 Wildwood 27rks last week. It has cubby holes on both sides of the bed, at the head, specifically designed for cpap machines. They are complete with outlets and passthrough holes for the cpap hose to your mask!
BuckeyeDude23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #29
WFD

As a forum member and one who was just diagnosed with sleep apnea in the last month and a newbie( in the last week) to a cpap, I too am glad I stumbled across this old thread as I been thinking how this will now play into our RV'ing. I would imagine that in the past 8 yrs since this thread was created, many a forum member have purchased cpap machines and have to deal with it while out on the road...now what really changes things is the advancement of cpap machines in the past 8 yrs, so what was an issue 8 yrs ago may no longer be an issue today...not 100% sure of this but I can only imagine.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #30
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDude23 View Post
I realize this post is several years old but this may help someone. We picked up our 2020 Wildwood 27rks last week. It has cubby holes on both sides of the bed, at the head, specifically designed for cpap machines. They are complete with outlets and passthrough holes for the cpap hose to your mask!
This is brilliant and may be much more common moving forward.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #31

It is still relevant today and I am glad I found it . I am just going through testing right now for apnea and all information is important for me.
Maurice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #32

Quote:

Hey, that's awesome!! Would you be able to post a pic of that setup?

I just had to install some 12V outlets in our bedroom, and now I'm in pretty good shape with our Avenger 27RBS, there was already a 120VAC outlet on each side of the bed. I've already used the 12V outlet several times now.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Old 03-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #33

So easy and convenient! Of course the cubbyhole could be used for other things as well. Also has USB ports outside of each one to charge devices.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	224846Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(1).jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	224847Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(2).jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	224848Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(3).jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	224849Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(5).jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	224851
Old 03-09-2020, 10:07 PM   #34

Hey, that's pretty nice!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Old 03-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #35

Sure is! I plan on using it for my CPAP. I didn't even take my machine along when we had our last camper.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #36

I use a Philips System One CPAP machine with heated hose and humidifier.
Without hookups, it is powered with a Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Portable Power Station.
On humidifier, it will last one night before it needs a recharge.
With the humidifier turned off, it will last 4 or 5 nights without recharging.
I also use the 12v outlet and not the 110v outlet on the Yeti.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Hey y'all...

Both my husband and I have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea.
Not a big deal... we now each have our own CPAP machines that we take along with us.

My question is... who else out there travels with their CPAP machine and do you have any good suggestions on where do you put the machine for night time sleeping?

We have a Graywolf 19RR with a queen size bed. We figured out where to put my hubby's machine... but not a good place for mine.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great! We really don't want to sleep in separate beds/couches...but if we must.. then I guess we will.
On the floor. I put something under it (currently water container) so I can reach button.

I had to install 12 v outlet because the genius engineers at Georgetown put usbs instead of the needed 12v.
IDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:32 PM   #38
Trailer Park Supervisor

It seems as if mfr's are trying to phase out 12v outlets, assuming USB is good enough. I had to add a 12vdc outlet by bed too. Recommend turning off humidifier heat and heated hose, those things tear through batteries. Use passive humidification (still put a little water in tank, it will still add a little humidity as air blows past). Typically, it's a battle keeping indoor humidity down anyway, unless windows are open or running dehumidifier. Why add to the problem.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
It seems as if mfr's are trying to phase out 12v outlets, assuming USB is good enough. I had to add an outlet by bed too. Recommend turning off humidifier heat and heated hose, those things tear through batteries. Use passive humidification (still put a little water in tank, it will still add a little humidity as air blows past). Typically, it's a battle keeping indoor humidity down anyway, unless windows are open or running dehumidifier. Why add to the problem.
Usb can’t power CPAP. I bought a usb to 12v adapter to prove it. Then installed 12v.

I have a travel CPAP also that doesn’t have humidifier. But I prefer the humidifier one. I live and travel mostly in low humidity west. (That said it rained 3 inches in the last 24 hrs here in AZ).

The humidifier is a small load compared to heater fan.
IDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #40

Quote:
So easy and convenient! Of course the cubbyhole could be used for other things as well. Also has USB ports outside of each one to charge devices.
That looks exactly like our new Salem Cruise Lite setup. I got to test this out last weekend in our shake-out trip. The only problem I had was the air tube would scrape back and forth over the sill as I moved. The tube is corrugated and made noise, which my wife quickly made note of. I covered the sill with a shirt which worked ok. Do they make non-corrugated tubes? I've used the same supplies for years so I don't know.