Old 05-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #11

Contracted ours with Mayberry Metal Structures LLC. They are out of state ( not sure where ). They contract the work locally. Only been in place a few weeks, but so far happy. Still need to get road base down. That'll come a little later.
12 ga certified, a bit over $4K if that helps.

36 ft. long x 24 ft. wide. 12 ft side legs. 3 ft vertical coverage on the east side ( has a bunch of trees on that side ). 9 ft vertical coverage on west side to help protect from afternoon sun.

I measured this a week or so ago, but didn't write the numbers down. The cross beams are either 14 ft 6 inches high or 14 ft 10 inches high. Either way, high enough for the max legal height of 13' 6". The tippy top is 16' 11". If I pull the truck out, I can extend all three slides and the awnings.

Tuckerdog1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000739.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	580.7 KB
ID:	107975  

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB ( Mine )
2015 Genesis 5.0 ( Hers )
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum ( Ours )
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #12

RV Carport

GL1800 RIDER
I would love to have the carport be 18' wide,unfortunately I would have to drive over the back sidewalk if I went that wide. What model is your Forester?

Old 05-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #13

Tuckerdog1

Question are the sides sitting on a footing?
Or how are they anchored to the ground
Thanks
Old 05-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #14
Usually Confused Member

Any carport >12' wide and 12' sides is going to be 14 or more feet tall in the center (at least, it should). More important is to measure the height at a point four feet from the center. A 20 foot wide carport measured 8 feet from the center should have at least 13 feet of clearance. Since the side height of most campers is rarely over 12 feet you don't have to worry about being exactly centered when you park it.

My RV is 11'5" on the side and I park it about 1.5 to 2 feet from the wall (gives room on the other side to park a pickup and an SUV. Plenty of clearance.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Had one put up fall of 2014 by All Steel Carports out of Muncie, IN. Best pricing I could find, solid reputation locally, good warranty. The work in a several state area.

Couldn't find a good pic on my camera, but here's one. I went with 18 x 40 with 12' side walls, fully enclosed back and sides.
I also ordered extra parts and made out-swinging doors for the front. The rationale is that this preserves my full height. With the roof slope, I have well over 14' of clearance at the center. For the middle 12' of the building, I have 13'6", max height allowed in the road.
Oh, and the 18' height also lets me open slides on both sides of the unit at the same time.
Good luck w your decision.
I have heard of them and heard they are good. I work in Muncie and have seen them around every now and then.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #16

Muddyrode:
From what I looked at at the 2 dealers, the metal sits on the ground directly. Then there are mobile home type anchors screwed into the ground and then there are bolts that go through the frame into the eyes of the anchors. Some may also use rebar if you have a concrete pad.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #17

ABC = Anybody but Carolina. We have one from Carolina and it was weeks late in delivery and the crew that put it up did not level it, beat it with sledge hammers to fit parts together and stripped many of the screws that hold it together. After lots of work it is now a workable cover for the trailer.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrode View Post
Question are the sides sitting on a footing?
Or how are they anchored to the ground
Thanks
They used what they called anchor bolts. 10 or 12 on each side. They are about 2 ft long. Lots and lots of limestone around here. They had to use a hammer drill to make holes to drive them in. Since this pic was taken, I've cemented 3" pipes into the corners and clamped the structure to them. Probably overkill, but I'm just that way. The "certified" rating is supposed to warrant the structure to winds of 130 mph. Yea sure...tell me anything, I'll believe it.

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB ( Mine )
2015 Genesis 5.0 ( Hers )
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum ( Ours )
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote