Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That's interesting- I really like Sea Pines. It's quiet, wooded, and quiet. I heard that they just redid their pool this year and it's supposed to be nice.

But, Avalon/Stone Harbor are my wife's childhood beaches. We like the short drive into Avalon to get to the beach.
We liked the location of the park too..and we like wooded sites...and the pool has been re done nicely.
My major objections were that the "wood's" extended down to 10feet above ground on SEVERAL of the access roads and were scraping all over not just the top of the NEW coach but even the windshield. I was happy not to have a rubber roof. I also thought the bathrooms and showers were filthy. Access roads were narrow and we had to stop twice...once for 10minutes to get people to move their cars out of road encroachment that left no room for us to get through. The access seems to be geared more to trailers than Class A's at least in the sections that still had open spaces. (no sewer hookups were available either in any open slots). Not saying it was unacceptable...just not good for us and since I was paying full price there...I wouldn't go back.
The park you suggested was full or that would have been our choice too!
Thanks...
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
We liked the location of the park too..and we like wooded sites...and the pool has been re done nicely.
My major objections were that the "wood's" extended down to 10feet above ground on SEVERAL of the access roads and were scraping all over not just the top of the NEW coach but even the windshield. I was happy not to have a rubber roof. I also thought the bathrooms and showers were filthy. Access roads were narrow and we had to stop twice...once for 10minutes to get people to move their cars out of road encroachment that left no room for us to get through. The access seems to be geared more to trailers than Class A's at least in the sections that still had open spaces. (no sewer hookups were available either in any open slots). Not saying it was unacceptable...just not good for us and since I was paying full price there...I wouldn't go back.
The park you suggested was full or that would have been our choice too!
Thanks...
That's a pretty fair assessment. I haven't had many issues with low hanging branches, though I did sort of get stuck back in one of the corners on a bad turn.

You're right about the bathrooms. I know they try, but they've never been great. The times I was there, I would see people cleaning them. Fortunately, I haven't used them since we got our fifth wheel (even if we end up on a non-sewer site). They do offer a free pump out, though they give you grief if your sewer hookup is under a slide. And they pumped out my 5 tanks quicker than it takes me to gravity empty one of them. I didn't have my clear connectors on that time to see if they really were empty or he was just ready to move on.

We've actually had fairly good luck getting a sewer site each time that we've gone. Only once did we end up on a non-sewer site (out of 6-7 times).

Lake and Shore seems pert near impossible to get into from what I hear.

Completely understandable about not going back if you're paying the nightly rate.