Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #1

RV Cover

We have a Palomino 247rkes with three slides. I am looking for recommendations on the best RV cover. Ideally one with openings on both sides so you can enter the unit and extend slides without removing the cover completely. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks
JusticeSolaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

I have an Adco Designer series cover. Looks nice and works well when the trailer's sharp areas are properly prepped to prevent ripping. The are many zippers on the passenger side but I do not recall zippers on the drivers side. I think you will be hard pressed to find a cover that can be left in place or partially removed to extend the slides. Any cover can be flipped on the roof to extend slides but why? Are you loading or inspecting that requires the cover to stay in place with slides extended?
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #3

Thanks crunchman. I am typically inspecting or performing maintenance. (emptying the dehumidifier, interior maintenance, etc. ) I have to extend the passenger slide in order to enter the rear/kitchen section. I can manage with a standard cover. I was hoping to find one with zipper access on both sides. I occasionally need to extend the driver side slides to get to the refrigerator, etc.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #4

No problem, there are many covers out there that many things depend on to make the proper choice in covering your trailer. Do you live out west with the scorching sun or back east with 2' of snow onit during the winter?
The majority usually go with the best cover they can afford and work with it.
The covers, you are looking at between $150 and $1000.
Help us with your location on and price range and we can point you in the right direction.
Welcome to the forum from Bainbridge, Ohio.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #5

We are in Central Alabama so our biggest issue is humidity. I mainly want the cover to help protect the finish and keep debris off the unit when it isn't in use. The covers I've reviewed are in the $400-$700 range.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #6

I bought a top of the line Gold Line for a 28' box length TT for about $550.00. It has zippers on both sides and I am happy with it so far, it's about 3 months old. It won't allow for the slide to be extended, although I tried (oops). It is very easy to uncover the major portion of the trailer and leave the cover on the front 3 or 4 feet.

http://www.nationaldiscountcovers.com/
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #7

Thanks Brewhedd. I will check it out.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeSolaire View Post
Thanks Brewhedd. I will check it out.
Forgot to mention, sharp corners will have to be covered. For my gutter spouts I used tennis balls and throw a towel over the (retracted) TV antenna. Ladder is rounded so no problem but they do include a cover for this.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover