Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #1

rv covers

I was thinking of buying an RV cover for my 33' Cardinal for winter storage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type/brand I should purchase or stay clear of? I live in the Midwest with a fair amount of rain but also much sun. Thanks for any suggestions.
pacernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #2

I just got the ADCO Tyvec cover.....Installed relatively easy....I installed the ladder cover it came with as well.....

The very next day, I came home for lunch and it was windy...15-25 mph.. On the road side I noticed all of my gutter down spouts had already torn thru the cover...BUMMER! I cannot blame anyone but myself here! So I cut up a pool noodle and taped the styrofoam around the down spouts and fixed that....The cover came with patching material, which I placed over the tears.....Since then no problems..

Advantage: TT stays clean, TT protected from the sun

Disadvantage: Hard to get into TT with cover on, regardless where the zipper entries are, pay attention to the wind!

Wally
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
nomoreosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #3

Hey Wally man! you did a great job, I like your idea.
Technosurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #4

21ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #5

we put our cover on yesterday, went smoothly, onlly took about an hour. we use the adco also, not tyvek though. we dont have the gutter extensions so we didnt have the problem of brekage. this will be our second year using the cover, didnt have any problem last year. we did seal up our external openings in water heater, refrig, and furnace grilles and placed some ant and mice traps inside. some people had tole me they seemed to have more trouble with mice with a cover, but i dont really understand why, maybe conincidence.

we use the cover on ou 23 ft hybrid.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #6

Last month, we bought & installed an Adco Aquashed cover for our Flagstaff 26ds from JC Whitney, $265 - free shipping.

I went up onto the roof of the camper so it was fairly easy to put on.

I'll probably buy a plastic garbage barrel to store the cover in (actually Adco suggests this).
I'm a little anxious, worrying how the camper & cover are going to survive a New England winter.

It's only Thanksgiving and I'm already awaiting winter's end to get the camper back out.

Jeff
JeBa is offline   Reply With Quote