Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #1

RV dehumidifier review, Edgestar 30 pint.

After trying 2 DriZair containers that I was not impressed with I decided to buy a dehumidifier for my Rockwood 2702ss located in FL. I bought a 30 pint Edgestar, link:

Robot Check

The reason I bought this model was because it has a variable setting for the desired humidity level and is not too large. It also has a timer, two speed fan and a continuous mode. Initially I set it for 4 hours run time and when I checked it later the bucket was about 2/3 full. I have it set for 50% and it has kept it at that level. The max operating temperature is 95 but it hasn't had a problem at a 100. On the low fan speed it is relatively quiet, although I use the higher speed. It has an attachment for a drain hose that exits in the rear and is threaded for a garden hose. I went to Lowes and bought a 45 degree fitting, a female fitting and about a foot of clear 5/8 tubing. I keep it (and drain it) in the tub and fortunately the air blows out the upper side of the unit. This allowed me to aim the outflow of air towards the front of the trailer. Now whether it will last a couple years remains to be seen. By the way this model is recommended for 400 sq ft, if you need a home dehumidifier buy a larger one.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote