Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #1

RV Direct question

Ok,
I ordered a new Rock Wood 2702SS from RV Direct last week. Everything went very smoothly and I thought my sales person was very knowledable. I was under the impression that my sales person was going to be out of the office but back in yesterday the 27th and he would contact me with more information on my build date and or ready date.

I have emailed a few questions and thought I would hear back.... never happend.

I tried to do the live chat which was actually a emailed message. So I wrote about my concerns and stated how I had ordered from Jeff Blair. Still nothing.

Is this the kind of service I well receive through the whole process? Yes the savings is awesome but it is still a lot of Jack as they say and I had hoped someone would have responded.

Do you think I am just expecting too much? Who should I contact if not?

I think it well have to be by phone.

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #2

I have no experience with RV Direct, but if you were told you would get a call or email on the 27th, you should have gotten that communication on the 27th. I wouldn't assume that you will always get tardy service from them, but it is definitely something to keep your eye on. I work in customer service, and I can say we all get it wrong some times.

I hope the rest of the transaction goes well for you.

Ray
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #3

I bought my 2604SS from RV Direct last October. At the beginning of the process communication was a little spotty as my account was assigned to another customer rep. But it smoothed out after a couple of weeks and was very good after that. I was notified when the build of TT was complete and sent to test and the expected date I could pick it up. The pickup date was confirmed and the pickup in Elkhart went very well. I hope things improve for you. I would deal with RV Direct again.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We purchased a Rockwood through them this past year...the rep we dealt with was very responsive to any request/question we put forth.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #5

Kewl and thanks.....Jeff responded this am to one of my replies I hope he responds to the rest....

all is good.

nights camped 2010 6
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #6

We had a very good relationship with our RVDirect sales rep. It seems I remember a time or two it took them longer to reply than I expected but now 7 months later I couldn't be sure!

As others have posted the whole experience went very smoothly from placing the order, paying for it, getting the paper work so that I could get the license plate & doing the walk thru with Gary in Elkhart IN.

I might add we have not had any warranty issues to be addressed. Noise in the Concertone AM/FM radio FR offered to pay for but I was able to fix it with $8.88 for parts from Radio Shack so didn't think it was worth going thru the process of using a warranty claim.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
SNB

I think that RV Direct folks may have been at some RV show. I've had good luck corresponding with them via email.

Try emailing other RV companies and get nothing but silence.
SNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #8

SNB thanks for stiring the pot, if not you then well he who did knows it. I said all is good .

If you feel you need to run off and tell on someone because they have a concern then maybe you should just stay off here.

I have been given a lot of great ideas and things to think about as well I have seen where others have had concerns or complaints I hope we all can be adults on here and not run and tell.

I will state it again .....All is good No complaints with RV Direct or my wonderful sales person Jeffery Blair.

nights camped 2010 6
Old 09-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
SNB thanks for stiring the pot, if not you then well he who did knows it. I said all is good .

If you feel you need to run off and tell on someone because they have a concern then maybe you should just stay off here.

I have been given a lot of great ideas and things to think about as well I have seen where others have had concerns or complaints I hope we all can be adults on here and not run and tell.

I will state it again .....All is good No complaints with RV Direct or my wonderful sales person Jeffery Blair.
Am i missing something?
i'm confused with your reaction to the posts here.

what was said that caused your reaction? maybe i'm not reading what you are reading.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote